Asylum

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Asylum
Aug 22, 2001, 10:21
I never knew about the change/voucher issue. Thankyou for illuminating those that were unaware of this. That is appalling.

I saw that ugliest (in both character and looks) woman, ann whiticome on TV last night going on about stopping asylum processes and agreements. I was shouting and throwing things at the tele by the time she'd finished. I don't think I've been that angry in a long time. And it always takes a tory to do it, funny that.

Now that you know were my true sympathies lie, I would like to play devil's advocate for a moment. Would the resources be better spent dealing with the existing homeless problem first? This argument is powerful and needs to be answered rationally. There are countries like France and Germany that do not suffer from enormous overcrowding that the UK does. Where do these people live? Do we plough up the remaining countryside to house them? This problem was apparent while I was living in the UK and is a growing situation here in Ireland. Every day new faces appear on the street corners, ironically holding out McDonalds cups, asking for change. Something has to be done, but what?

U-Know! Forum Index