Re: i saw the news today...
Aug 24, 2001, 17:48
>firstly, i genuinely fail to see how
>anyone - with even a cursory
>knowledge of the situation - could
>compare the population of the Gaza
>strip and the West Bank, to the NF
>in this country. the two don't

Either I'm very ill informed or it was a facetious comparison. Take your pick. (Note to self - try and remember to put ;) <g> <lol> <rotfl> <stbl> etc. any time you want things to be taken with a pinch of salt).

My point though was that these days people find it easy to endorse political violence as long as it's in a good cause. As Alexei Sayle said, if only Hitler had thought to invade Poland for Spina Bifida.

So who's right? The religious fanatic, ultra-nationalists on one side or the religious fanatic, ultra-nationalists on the other side? What percentage of the territory would Hamas be satisifed with? How much do the right wingers need to extinguish the palestinian nation? What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? I would like to think that the problem is not intractable but every time I think the two sides are moving closer to a resolution then the centre is attacked from the fringes again...

One thing I am sure of though is shooting children (gun vs. rock is hardly Queensbury rules old bean)/setting up children to die (anyone read up about Hamas training camps?) is a f__ked up scenario that acheives nothing for anyone and both sides should just er... stop it.

U-Know! Forum Index