Interesting party as well:

http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Garry Bushell As An MP?!
Apr 29, 2005, 20:13
Interesting bunch of nationalists?
Thought Bushell was a card carrying nazi.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Apr 29, 2005, 20:26
I was being sarcastic. They're not interesting at all, Stevo. Carefully worded extreme right stuff as far as I can see.

The contents of Bushells' wallet wouldn't surprise me.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 29, 2005, 23:17
This was linked by the BBC when Bushell first stood. I found it intersting in several ways. First of all, when you look at some elements of social policy, it seems to take quite a left wing stance. But then you read on...

Second, (Maybe) is how similar this is to the BNP. Being libertarian on race doesn't mean you're not a far-right, mean-spirited political party who want to shaft us all, regardless of race.

Here's some quotes!

"We reject the idea that Britain must forever be obliged to subsidise the incompetence and corruption of Third World states by supplying them with financial aid."

(BNP foreign aid policy)

"The English Democratic Party favours an independent enquiry into the pros and cons of legalising the use cannabis. The presumption should be that cannabis should be legalised unless it can be shown that there are good health or social reasons for not doing so. We recognise that there are good arguments on either side. What is needed is a proper conclusion to the debate so that it is possible to move on with an agreed stance and suitable measures."

so it starts, all reasonable and what have you, and then it says

"It is clear that the current policy for dealing with problems of addiction are not working adequately and there is an ever rising tide of criminality arising from, in particular, drug abuse...
... for addicts to be subject to compulsory treatment in secure care. All those who commit criminal offences whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol should be subject to compulsory assessment and if found to be addicted should immediately be taken into such care."

In other words,

"JAIL THE SMACKHEAD SCUM!!!"

The next quote starts with "NORTHERN IRELAND - an end to sectarianism!"

and ends with "In the long run, we wish to end the conflict in Ireland by welcoming Eire as well as Ulster as equal partners in a federation of the nations of the British Isles."

which translates as "We wont' give you the six counties, but we will take your other twenty six back given half a chance"

That one was the BNP by the way.

They just keep cropping up as I read through their stuff on the net. This next one is bits of their stance on The Envioronment...

"Our ideal for Britain is that of a clean, beautiful country, free of pollution in all its forms. We will enforce standards to curb those practices, whether by business or the individual, which cause environmental damage. "The polluter pays to clean up the mess" must become a fact of life, not an electioneering slogan. In towns we would work to replace the brutalist modernism of 1960s-style-architecture with a blend of traditional local styles and materials and ensure that developments take place on a more human scale."

"Laws to prevent and deter pollution. The polluter should be made to pay...
...Encourage the use of local building materials and designs throughout England. Greater consideration should be given to aesthetics. Our towns and cities have for many years been plagued with ugly buildings and uninspired uniformity of design."

The first was the BNP. The second was the EDP

"The EDP believes that every victim of a criminal offence should have the right to address the court on the question of sentence and for the court to be required to bear the victim's views in mind when passing sentence."

!

Aww come on. Let's go to the stoning.

http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/ /various policy area links

http://www.bnp.org.uk/policies/policies.htm
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Garry Bushell As An MP3?!
Apr 30, 2005, 00:09
We call for an end to the immigration of illegal downloads...
alan lake soon
349 posts

Apr 30, 2005, 02:22
Us poor downtrodden english, eh? assailed from every side by people who get better benefits. Oi Oi! Rise up, idiots, and vote for an england wot wins the world cup again. Oi!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Garry Bushell As An MP3?!
Apr 30, 2005, 11:37
At least if he gets elected, he (hopefully) won't have time to write any more awful columns in the newspapers...
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 30, 2005, 12:05
It's right though innit? And we should have men's lib and white history week too. Because we need it, it ain't fair.

You thick fucking twats!

I wouldn't worry too much though, they stood in our last council elections and got about fifty votes and I can't see that oh-so-punchable grinning prick Bushell attracting the punters.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 30, 2005, 12:09
Check out their endorsed candidates for areas where their twats aren't standing - nearly all Veritas and the 'librarl party' - says it all really.

http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/endorsed.php

x
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 30, 2005, 23:21
Like England needs another Kilroy-Silk. I'd hate to see what he thinks of gay rights, given his sneering anti-gay comments...
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index