Register
U-Know! Forum »
"Hard working families"

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

"Hard working families"
Apr 19, 2005, 16:51
Frankly I'm just about sick of this phrase and its constant repetition, I was releived to see it wasn't just me! (see link below).

Apologies to HHHWF (Head Heritage Hard Working Families!) but it almost seems by default that anyone else by definition isn't hard working. I work hard enough and more than happy to contribute to education and child support, some recognition wouldn't go a miss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4458273.stm

Harumph, rant over.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: "Hard working families"
Apr 19, 2005, 16:55
>>seems by default that anyone else by definition isn't hard working

Wasn't so much that, it's the implication that the benefit to HWF was going to be at the expense of hard working singletons (and, skiving bastard singletons).
alan lake soon
349 posts

Apr 19, 2005, 21:43
agree completely. it struck me when Nu Lab made all those cheesy pledges a few month back, flying round the country to unveil a dumb motto 'your child's health better' (or whatever) in Hull, then all aboard the copter for Basingstoke to announce 'your family's teeth whiter'

I think it's meant to make the selfish feel less so. it's not just all about me, it's for my 'family', see? and fuck the family down the road, and as for those who haven't got a 'family'...we'll we're just beyond the pale

agh!
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Apr 19, 2005, 22:39
wychburyman

Thanks, again someone restores my faith in human beings. I too an happy to contribute, through taxation, to the running of my country provided the money is used effectively. Those who complain about paying tax to subsidise scroungers, sing parents etc, would be the first to complain about beggars in the street. Fuck the greedheads.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 20, 2005, 07:26
Personally I would love to pay an enormous amount of tax.

As Spike Miligan said, I just want the chance to find out that lots of money won't make me happy for myself.
U-Know! Forum Index