It's For Your Own Good...

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

It's For Your Own Good...
Feb 28, 2005, 11:59
This was in the news last week:

"An attempt to bring back corporal punishment in independent schools was rejected by the law lords [on 24/2/05]."

What the appellant schools wanted:

"Corporal punishment of boys would take the form of administering a thin, broad flat paddle to both buttocks in a firm controlled manner, according to the claimants.

Girls would be strapped on the hand and then the child comforted by a member of staff and encouraged to pray."

What the fuck?

What sort of adults want to hit children in a ritualised manner and, in particular, want to hit boys buttocks with a paddle?

I think it's sick.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/02/25/nsmack25.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/02/25/ixhome.html
Rune
288 posts

Re: It's For Your Own Good...
Feb 28, 2005, 13:43
<i>What sort of adults want to hit children in a ritualised manner and, in particular, want to hit boys buttocks with a paddle?</i>

This sort.

"Teachers and parents of children at four Christian schools claimed at a hearing before the House of Lords in December that the ban on corporal punishment infringed their human rights.
They said their schools were established specifically to provide a Christian education that was based on Biblical observance and this meant the use of corporal punishment on a limited basis as part of their beliefs."

<i>I think it's sick. </i>

I agree.

Rune
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Feb 28, 2005, 14:26
Wonder if they'll support me in my campaign to have it recognised that it's an infringement on my human rights for me not to be able to throw christins to the lions - as part of my worship for the great lord Zeus?
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Feb 28, 2005, 14:37
Buddhists, huh. Don't know they're born........
Lugia
970 posts

Feb 28, 2005, 15:35
Well...that's the reason they give, I suppose. Knowing that sort of crowd, however, it's more likely that it'd be one of the few illicit thrills they could get away with...as opposed to the scads of others they keep tightly hidden and repressed.

I've been around that sort of culture. It doesn't just have a few screws loose, but more like a whole overturned hardware store bin of them...
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Mar 01, 2005, 16:18
Well, it never did me any harm.

Matron! I need my nappy changing...

x
U-Know! Forum Index