U-Know! Forum »
...And Justice for all?

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
joss
9 posts

gross violations
Jan 21, 2005, 21:26
"It's certainly "sexual abuse" and very illegal, but is that really "torture"? I mean compared to pulling out fingernails or cutting off heads? Just a technical point."

'cutting off heads' is murder innit.

i see what you are aiming at (and many will disagree with you when you say that sexual abuse is not torture) but what has gone on at that prison (and guantanamo for that matter) has not just been sexual *abuse* or psychological torture alone (which is proved to be even worse).
In both prisons, the humiliation (or sex games, orgies, whatever you want to call it) was always followed or accompanied by torture (placing them naked in rooms full of cold water, electric shocks, frequent beatings, dog bites, etc) and remember that death was also sometimes quite common (see the cases of prisoners in guantanamo who have died in the hands of those cunts). In war mentality, torture is always followed by humiliation and most cases were not even torture for the purposes of extracting information, as it has recently been reported, so it must be regarded as a case of an army given the green light by their superiors to humiliate the 'enemy' in whatever way they can, which of course must have included an awful amount of Irak's and Afghanistan's young civilians caught in the thrall of the 'war on terror'.

The funniest thing of all is that rumsfeld approved of 'torture' methods like the one where the prisoner is hung upside down and his head introduced in a bucket full of water...gradually...And he is still there. Reminds me of one of those Latin American juntas (or worse).

U-Know! Forum Index