...And Justice for all?
Jan 15, 2005, 00:48
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4176241.stm
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: ...And Justice for all?
Jan 15, 2005, 01:10
That subject line sounds glib. Wasn't meant to.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 15, 2005, 09:32
Indeed. My only fear is that now they've convicted the 'reingleader' a line will be drawn under it.
superboss
325 posts

Jan 15, 2005, 12:53
ringleader (my arse)
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Jan 15, 2005, 21:05
You're right, that slippery Teflon bastard Rumsfeld should be in the dock with him.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 15, 2005, 23:03
At least you said something I agree with for once!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Simply disgusting!
Jan 16, 2005, 17:43
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1391443,00.html?=rss

No other word...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Obeying Orders.
Jan 19, 2005, 15:10
Dear, oh dear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4187789.stm
gorseddphungus
185 posts

My biggest worries
Jan 19, 2005, 17:07
It is now easy to laugh at the idiots who, at the beginning of the war, could not and *would* not believe the tales of foreign journalists being beaten up for taking pictures of the filthy behaviour by the soldiers or witnessing them laughing at the corpses of civilians. I even saw a documentary on the telly where some marines were taking the piss out of an Irak youth because 'he died with a hard on'.

And we have only seen the tip of the iceberg, or what has leaked onto the press. Apparently, when the 'commission' saw the large amount of graphic evidence of torture (including the videos we have never seen) it was all deemed 'too disturbing' and the matter was shelved, deciding to convict a couple of 'ringleaders' so as to sweep their filth under the carpet.

But my biggest worries are these - Those innocent good or young people in many countries of the world for whom the US was the example of the free, democracy, and all those lies must have got a big blow after reading things like:

"He testified how, after jumping on him, Graner and other guards ordered him to strip, masturbate and simulate oral sex, and then photographed him and led him back to a cell, which they had soaked with water, where he had to sleep naked. Graner is now awaiting a sentence of up to 15 years in jail."

Not a very pretty image of the sick pervert minds of many soldiers employed by their exemplary country. If the 'bastions of freedom' do the things that are done in any other third world country it must be an all right thing to do.
gorseddphungus
185 posts

My biggest worries
Jan 19, 2005, 17:07
It is now easy to laugh at the idiots who, at the beginning of the war, could not and *would* not believe the tales of foreign journalists being beaten up for taking pictures of the filthy behaviour by the soldiers or witnessing them laughing at the corpses of civilians. I even saw a documentary on the telly where some marines were taking the piss out of an Irak youth because 'he died with a hard on'.

And we have only seen the tip of the iceberg, or what has leaked onto the press. Apparently, when the 'commission' saw the large amount of graphic evidence of torture (including the videos we have never seen) it was all deemed 'too disturbing' and the matter was shelved, deciding to convict a couple of 'ringleaders' so as to sweep their filth under the carpet.

But my biggest worries are these - Those innocent good or young people in many countries of the world for whom the US was the example of the free, democracy, and all those lies must have got a big blow after reading things like:

"He testified how, after jumping on him, Graner and other guards ordered him to strip, masturbate and simulate oral sex, and then photographed him and led him back to a cell, which they had soaked with water, where he had to sleep naked. Graner is now awaiting a sentence of up to 15 years in jail."

Not a very pretty image of the sick pervert minds of many soldiers employed by their exemplary country. If the 'bastions of freedom' do the things that are done in any other third world country it must be an all right thing to do.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index