Ban? What ban?
Dec 10, 2004, 13:28
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4083361.stm
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Ban? What ban?
Dec 10, 2004, 17:27
Something tells me this is what will happen every time. Even if fox hunters (politely speaking) are prosecuted, they'll get off when it comes to court cos they'll all be related to high court judges anyway!

'No I wasn't using a pack of hounds to hunt with, your honour, I just happen to take several mates in red coats, a horn and a large pack of hounds out with me every time I go horse-riding!'

This law, glad as I am that it was passed, will be very difficult to enforce, I fear...
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 14, 2004, 03:23
The first legal loophole appears, no doubt to be followed by many more. Don't think it'll be too long before we're reading about someone being shot as a consequence of revised hunting 'techniques'.

Can't say I'm too optimistic about the victim getting justice from the courts especially if they were using their right to peaceful protest either.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Dec 14, 2004, 16:52
As long as it's a hunter that gets shot, I don't give a f***. Call me cynical if you like, but those who live by the sword...
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Dec 14, 2004, 17:56
A birdwatcher and a child have been shot so far this year by gun toting, non-hound using fox hunters, in the birdwatcher's case with a dum dum bullet. Bet that stings. There's probably more that I haven't heard about, I think in both these cases the victim's eyes reflected the high intensity spotlight the hunter was using, they thought it was a fox, bang.
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 15, 2004, 04:09
Jeez, country walks could become as dangerous as a night time stroll around Moss Side.
The desire to own and shoot guns IMO should preclude you from ever getting a license in the first place.Catch 22.
cammyb
62 posts

Dec 15, 2004, 09:03
Children living in poverty in Easterhouse, Drumchapel etc. Pensioners dying all over the land due to crippling heating bills. The gap between the underclass and the middle class in Scotland growing wider and faster than anywhere else in the UK. Our dietary habits killing us slowly and softly. Heart disease, lung cancer, TB etc on the increase and so on ad infinitum.
Forive me for not giving a flying f**k about two diametrically opposed group of twats arguing whilst my people are being exploited.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Dec 15, 2004, 13:07
Well, quite, it's hardly the most pressing social issue facing the country is it.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Dec 15, 2004, 16:54
Well in that case we may as well not talk about it. Only extremely important issues to be discussed in future please.

Come on. That's just one of these
http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#digression
Besides, surely you're talking about class and that's got a lot of relevance to the subject?
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Dec 16, 2004, 16:04
The important issue here is, I feel, the introduction of yet another law, and one that will not be enforceable. There will be open defiance by supposedly normally lawabiding types. The knock on effect of this could be interesting.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index