13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Re: address druidion - discuss
Dec 03, 2004, 23:30
>3 cheers for xmas shopping in november

I think he means that anything that detracts from the "true meaning" of xmas is alright by him. As Peter Cook said, it's a shame they have to spoil a good comercial festival with all this religious mumbo jumbo.

>3 more for america and australia (beacons of enlightened democracy)?

I think he means in the context of individuals believing they can "make it" in those societies rather than a sudden wave of admiration for Bush and "Honest" John Howard.

>Julian Cope makes about as much sense as Prince Charles* this month * HRH is 'Norman'? Funny, I thought he was, er, 'German'...

The Norman reference wasn't specifically about Charlie but about the capitulation of the native people of Britain to their imposed rulers. I have to say I agree with the gist of HRH's comments despite the interpretation that everyone seems to be choosing to place on it - do people think you can achieve anything worthwhile without (at least one of, preferably both) talent or hard work? By winning the lottery maybe? Or perhaps by being born into the royal family, which makes it particularly ironic that HRH The Prince of Wales came out with those statements, overpriviliged inbred twat that he is.

U-Know! Forum Index