U-Know! Forum »
address druidion - discuss

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
alan lake soon
349 posts

address druidion - discuss
Dec 03, 2004, 21:39
3 cheers for xmas shopping in november and 3 more for america and australia (beacons of enlightened democracy)? Julian Cope makes about as much sense as Prince Charles* this month

* HRH is 'Norman'? Funny, I thought he was, er, 'German'...

..and while I'm being arsey, has anyone heard (of) any of the records he's bigging up for 2004?

c'mon: outside, now...

als x
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Re: address druidion - discuss
Dec 03, 2004, 22:26
I have never heard of *any* of the records he bigs up.

Dunt mean they're rubbish though.

;o)
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 23:30
>3 cheers for xmas shopping in november

I think he means that anything that detracts from the "true meaning" of xmas is alright by him. As Peter Cook said, it's a shame they have to spoil a good comercial festival with all this religious mumbo jumbo.

>3 more for america and australia (beacons of enlightened democracy)?

I think he means in the context of individuals believing they can "make it" in those societies rather than a sudden wave of admiration for Bush and "Honest" John Howard.

>Julian Cope makes about as much sense as Prince Charles* this month * HRH is 'Norman'? Funny, I thought he was, er, 'German'...

The Norman reference wasn't specifically about Charlie but about the capitulation of the native people of Britain to their imposed rulers. I have to say I agree with the gist of HRH's comments despite the interpretation that everyone seems to be choosing to place on it - do people think you can achieve anything worthwhile without (at least one of, preferably both) talent or hard work? By winning the lottery maybe? Or perhaps by being born into the royal family, which makes it particularly ironic that HRH The Prince of Wales came out with those statements, overpriviliged inbred twat that he is.
Thumper
22 posts

Dec 04, 2004, 00:08
Hadnt heard of Litmus till two days ago, but man do they rock! Have a listen to the first track at the top of the review.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Dec 04, 2004, 01:05
Some excellent points, cancer boy.
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Dec 04, 2004, 09:40
The Choukoku No Niwa / Boris album is really really really excellent, though even as a total Boris nut myself I must say the Boris tracks are completely passable but are well over-compensated for by the unbelievable brilliant-ness of the (24min) Choukoku No Niwa track.

"Thanks" to the abominable state of the dollar you can get this album shipped to the UK from Japan for less than £10 inc. P&P from http://www.inoxia-rec.com - go on, try it. If you don't like it I'll buy it off you and give it me mam for Xmas.

H.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Dec 04, 2004, 15:15
Still can't hear it! I'm wondering why...
alan lake soon
349 posts

Dec 06, 2004, 16:06
Call me a heretic...sorry, I still think JC is talking nonsense.

Forget his weak joke about xmass spending, if that's what it was

In US & Aus <the sheer willpower and persistence of the few...>...this is naive crap. They might not have a monarchy, but the idea that you can do anything if you just will it hard enough ('anyone can be president' etc) is mytho-ideological cack. Anyone can be president if they have a 60m dollar war chest and have prostituted themselves to the corporations. Anyone can get to an ivy league college as long as their parents can pay. It seems to me the great american lie-dream - classless society, my arse.

I really don't see what HRH Prince 'Norman' has to do with anything. JC insists on his Odinist/Norman/Roman etc. metaphors. Fair enough, but these anachronistic categories don't help explain 20th/21st century political reality.

als over and out
Thumper
22 posts

Dec 06, 2004, 16:46
Any luck with this yet Lawrence? The only thing I can think of is that you need RealPlayer to make it work, but you probably know that already if you listen to stuff here...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Dec 07, 2004, 13:51
Actually I got to listen to it yesterday before work. Big disappointment funny enough! Well if you and Copey dig it...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index