U-Know! Forum »
You couldn't make this stuff up...

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: You couldn't make this stuff up...
Sep 06, 2004, 16:10
Consevative 'dark folk' or 'post-industrial post-apocalypse' music. "Warrors for the business elite". Stuff about economics over recycled Death In June guitar...
Lawrence
9547 posts

err
Sep 06, 2004, 16:11
"Warriors for the business elite"!
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Sep 12, 2004, 18:18
I have seen quite a few old friends, who were punk rockers, become incredibly straight and conservative, both with a c and a C. Well fuck them, they've become what we were against 25 years ago. No I don't have a punk hairdo or wear punk clothes, but I think I still keep to true tosome of the priciples.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 12, 2004, 19:48
I don't really consider myself 'punk' anymore, although maybe I still have 'punk' attitude perhaps... Of course the music I play and record is more subversive than what 'punk' is today, or in my opinion. All that sub-Ramones crap in today's 'scene' is like Lawrence Welk compared to something like Siouxsie and the Banshees in their prime.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Sep 16, 2004, 17:32
I've always thought "punk" was rather conservative, "reactionary" even. (I mean the 70's mohawk / safetypin / leatherjacket "punk" style that is still popular today, not the 60's garage band Seeds/Stooges type.)

The Sex Pistols were nicking Chuck Berry licks exactly the same as the Stones were 15 years earlier -- what was "revolutionary" about that?

PiL was certainly a more "radical" group than the Pistols ever were, but I don't know that ya'd call PiL "punk". . . ?
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index