U-Know! Forum »
Mummy's Boy

53 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: sneering a go-go
Aug 29, 2004, 17:49
I'm sorry, you two, but I agree with Merrick. To be strung up in an African jail is no less than the f***er rightfully deserves, and to die of a stroke with her son rotting in jail is far less than his mother deservges. Feeling compassion for her is on a par with feeling compassion for Myra Hindley. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if I was part of a Roman lynch mob and I had to vote between crucifying Thatcher or Hindley, I'd let Hindley go.

What Thatcher did had an adverse effect on far more people's lives than what the Moors Murderers did (I should know - as a former sufferer of mental illness whose benefits were taken away, I was one of them). Indirectly, I'd say she also has far more deaths on her conscience. To display any sympathy for people like that is to perpetuate the tyranny they inflict on the populace, albeit passively.

Complaining about the perfecrly natural human desire for revenge against oppressors reminds me of a Robert Crumb cartoon in which a hapless hippie gets the shit beaten out of him by thugs and says "Hey, guys, I understand why you are doing this!"
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index