Mummy's Boy

53 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

sneering a go-go
Aug 28, 2004, 10:04
er, even ignoring the fact that you're talking about this international discuassion as issuing from a singular country, is this kind of sneering absent from other countries?

Is there somewhere where people watch cruel and villainous rulers grab riches for themselves whilst wilfully treading all over the poor and vulnerable, and when those rulers hit misfortune the populace rise up as one to say ' what a shame, the poor old dears'?

I'm glad fuckers like that are hounded and ridiculed till they die. I'm glad no Nazi war criminal could ever sleep easy, always knowing that someone might come for them at any time.

In Chile this week there are people celebrating the final irrevocable decision that Pinochet can stand trial.

The idea that the Thatchers suffer for their contribution to world politics makes me equally glad.

If we're pleased the killer of Medgar Evers to be prosecuted and banged up more than 30 years after the crime then we can certainly be pleased that a mass murderer like Margaret Thatcher and her mass-murder plotting son should have the screws turned on them.

The idea that the scumbag mercenaries from Executive Outcomes might get strung up in Zimbabwe doesn't make me shed tears either. The world would unquestionably be a better place without them.

I love their excuse that they weren't off to Equatorial Guinea, they were 'only' off to be a militia for the mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo - in a fair world either activity should see em banged up forever sewing mailbags.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index