U-Know! Forum »
Mummy's Boy

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: sneering a go-go
Aug 29, 2004, 22:34
Oh lemon's alright. He's just upset at how nasty U-Know was awile ago... Frankly I've been staying away from most internet political forums. It seems like debates just seem to go around in circles without the opposing sides agreeing with anything. It's impossible to try to change people who are foolish...
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Aug 30, 2004, 11:49
"end of story, she was a problem, she aint anymore."

Not strictly true. Her policies are still being implemented by the Nu-Labour. However, this does raise one issue. She was responsible for her policies <i>then</i> the damaged they caused <i>then</i>. The current gov't is responsible for them <i>now</i>, because they haven't changed them.

Saying that, Thatcher was responsible for the deaths and suffering of thousands. Should she be forgiven because that was then and this is now? If so then you have to forgive every person who's ever been in power for what they did <i>then</i>. Ready to forgive Pinochet? Ready to pardon all war criminals? Ready to let McCarthy off for what he did? How about Stalin? Musslini? Will you forgive Bush for invading Iraq without a real reason as soon as he's been dethroned?
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Aug 31, 2004, 00:19
She's no longer the problem, but I relish the thought of her suffering in her retirement.

One of the prime reasons the greedy vicious fuckers do what they do is to make a big comfy nest for themselves. If that nest turns out not to be comfortable then a) I'm glad and more importantly b) it serves as a warning to others that that path doesn't guarantee a cosy retirement, and thereby acts to discourage that behaviour.
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Aug 31, 2004, 06:43
This is how we come to have a Dynasty or DyNASTY.

......Remember that face Thatcher pulled before she bobbed back up to give that timid little wave when she was getting into her car after leaving office.

Hold that picture:-)

as for the Mark Thatcher thing it's not a left/right politcal, PC,TCP,AOL or whatever it's a 'moral' issue.
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Aug 31, 2004, 07:53
Like banging your head against a brick wall innit
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: Mummy's Boy
Sep 12, 2004, 18:25
I always and always will despise Thatcher. She did not care about the affects of her policies on any of us including old people, so let's not get to sentimental about age. She fucked many of us over and was completely without passion. "We should rejoice" after we sunk the Belgrano killing hundreds of human beings needlessly. Well fuck her.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index