U-Know! Forum »
Mummy's Boy

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Bringing Old Jokes Out Of Retirement
Aug 27, 2004, 18:40
Well it's pretty difficult to deal with. All these political attacks on both sides...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Mummy's Boy
Aug 27, 2004, 20:47
Ah, but it'as always re-assuring to know there may be suh a thing as karma after all. Seeing odious people come to bad ends is always gratifying to some degree.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

sneering a go-go
Aug 28, 2004, 10:04
er, even ignoring the fact that you're talking about this international discuassion as issuing from a singular country, is this kind of sneering absent from other countries?

Is there somewhere where people watch cruel and villainous rulers grab riches for themselves whilst wilfully treading all over the poor and vulnerable, and when those rulers hit misfortune the populace rise up as one to say ' what a shame, the poor old dears'?

I'm glad fuckers like that are hounded and ridiculed till they die. I'm glad no Nazi war criminal could ever sleep easy, always knowing that someone might come for them at any time.

In Chile this week there are people celebrating the final irrevocable decision that Pinochet can stand trial.

The idea that the Thatchers suffer for their contribution to world politics makes me equally glad.

If we're pleased the killer of Medgar Evers to be prosecuted and banged up more than 30 years after the crime then we can certainly be pleased that a mass murderer like Margaret Thatcher and her mass-murder plotting son should have the screws turned on them.

The idea that the scumbag mercenaries from Executive Outcomes might get strung up in Zimbabwe doesn't make me shed tears either. The world would unquestionably be a better place without them.

I love their excuse that they weren't off to Equatorial Guinea, they were 'only' off to be a militia for the mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo - in a fair world either activity should see em banged up forever sewing mailbags.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: sneering a go-go
Aug 28, 2004, 14:20
How about all the sneering that goes on w/ all these right-wingers? Especially ones that equate Buddhism with Extreme Islam...
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 28, 2004, 19:21
Come on Lawrence, you know that right WIng sneering is plain wrong, only left-wing sneering is acceptable in polite modern society ;-)

Joking aside, er, apropos of, er.

Ah.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 28, 2004, 20:21
Just goes to thinking what kind of sneering is acceptable... PC sneering or 'silent majority' sneering? I'm getting sick of both.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 14:25
I've pretty much stopped reading much of the news as well. I'm just sick of feeling angry, having to put up w/ nauseating sensationalist headlines, shitty reader's opinions and that crap...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 17:49
I'm sorry, you two, but I agree with Merrick. To be strung up in an African jail is no less than the f***er rightfully deserves, and to die of a stroke with her son rotting in jail is far less than his mother deservges. Feeling compassion for her is on a par with feeling compassion for Myra Hindley. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if I was part of a Roman lynch mob and I had to vote between crucifying Thatcher or Hindley, I'd let Hindley go.

What Thatcher did had an adverse effect on far more people's lives than what the Moors Murderers did (I should know - as a former sufferer of mental illness whose benefits were taken away, I was one of them). Indirectly, I'd say she also has far more deaths on her conscience. To display any sympathy for people like that is to perpetuate the tyranny they inflict on the populace, albeit passively.

Complaining about the perfecrly natural human desire for revenge against oppressors reminds me of a Robert Crumb cartoon in which a hapless hippie gets the shit beaten out of him by thugs and says "Hey, guys, I understand why you are doing this!"
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 19:35
That doesn't have anything to do w/ it. You have the right to feel that way about Thatcher just as I have the right to hate Rush Limbaugh.

I'm just tired of saying how much I hate the people that annoy me or cause me to be miserable. It just attracts the very people I hate.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 21:24
Fair enough. I hope I didn't come across as though I was venting spleen at you - I was venting spleen at Thatcher, and my comments about the Robert Crumb cartoon were directed more at lemon than yourself. You're right - having these kind of bilious discussions probably doesn't help much in the long term, and perhaps it is better to focus on things one can feel positive about. It's just that lemon seemed to think there was something immoral about my wishing a horrible fate on Mark Thatcher, a viewpoint which I think lacks perspective.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index