U-Know! Forum »
What is it with Claire Short?

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: What is it with Claire Short?
Feb 26, 2004, 20:49
...and in the same week as she's on telly being a pretend Geography teacher to ver kids.
Maybe Nu-Labouriarse just engenders a kind of "I used to be a politician get me in there!" mentality.

P'raps in a few weeks she'll be saying "...and I definitely saw Tony Blair pulling faces at the Libyan ambassador while he wasn't looking"
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 27, 2004, 13:50
Pretty much how I feel. Shame it wasn't Robin Cook who was the bean-spiller though. Short didn't exactly shine when discussing this on Channel 4 News last night. Cook would have been armed to the teeth with witheringly incriminating evidence and legal background etc. I don't think Short really scares Tone at all. Cook really does though.

As an aside, this comment in today's Metro pised me off. "...she entered the Commons, quickly acquiring a reputation as a forceful politician (...) She attacked The Sun's Page Three girls and demanded that a judge be sacked for jailing a woman who was too frightened to give evidence against a man who beat her."
Why should that be seen as radical behaviour? It's a sad reflection to me that an MP expressing such views is the exception rather than the norm.
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Feb 27, 2004, 14:02
Somewhat surprisingly, Cook has come out to say Short is talking shite.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3492250.stm
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 27, 2004, 15:55
Saying he 'would be surprised' if it had happened sounds to me a bit like he's hedging his bets coz he doesn't know one way or the other. What if it's found to be a dodgy allegation and he had been seen climbing on board with it. He's just covering his own arse, I reckon.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 27, 2004, 17:26
http://www.thebrainstrust.co.uk/article.75.3057.html
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index