Jan 12, 2004, 16:37
No bullshit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3389957.stm
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Re: Bush Bombs Yorkshire!
Jan 12, 2004, 16:52
Disused airfield eh? Obviously they realised that there was a slight chance that Al Queida terrorists were thinking of using it as a platform to launch weapons of mass destruction in order to destroy Butlins at Skegness and thus lower national moral as none of us could go on our yearly holiday there.
Or maybe the airfield was looking at him funny.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 17:06
There are a lot of, y'know, asian/middle east types in Yorkshire. Some of them Muslim too. It's worth letting them know that we know that they're there.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 17:27
Bet they were aiming for a different county though. Or even a different country.
The USAAF isn't renowned for accurate bombing, despite all the practise they insist on getting.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 17:33
From the piece itself:

"First Lieutenant Augustine Ekpoudom said the incident was "an extremely rare occurence"".

Not in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, etc...

""Public safety is always our primary concern," he said."

""There were no injuries, limited property damage,""

"Alan Marsland, who farms land near to the site the bomb landed, said: "Luckily no-one was around.""

Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 18:27
Too bad it didn't cause more damage, not that I wish anything bad on England. But just to cause G.W. Bush embarrasment. Of course, he'd just bluff himself away from any blame, like all bumbling right-wing leaders do!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 18:29
Not in Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, El Salvador, Honduras or Guatemala. Not in China or Indonesia or Myanmar.
ron
ron
706 posts

Jan 13, 2004, 18:32
er... "or Philadelphia don'cha know..." (said in best w.c fields accent as i can)...

http://www.cnn.com/US/9606/24/move.vertict/

x

ps... hafa admit it was the state and not bush, however ronnie ray-gun was pres at the mo'... hmmm...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 13, 2004, 23:07
It was disgusting what they did to MOVE! I think my town pretty much treated them like shit when they settled there as well...

I found out MOVE are still around, by the way. A yr ago or so I saw a newsletter associated with them at a local record store.
U-Know! Forum Index