U-Know! Forum »
I will smite thee down

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

I will smite thee down
Oct 24, 2003, 10:14
Couldn't be arsed digging for the Mel Gibson thread. It would appear that the Big Fella isn't happy with his new film either
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3209223.stm
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: I will smite thee down
Oct 24, 2003, 10:24
yup, hahaha.. Anway, it was scheduled for an Easter release, but is now going to be released on Ash Wednesday apparently (only 5 days b4 the Oscars that). also it seems that no european distributor (or anyone in the world apart from Newmarket films) want to pick it up. So we prolly won't get to see the thing. Ah well, my aramaic and latin is non existent anyhow, and, I reckon it's important to note, that the gospels all the Christians use are translations from texts that were written in Greek, so er.. wtf is the point ?

As for the offending the jews issue, well, erm.. Christ was Jewish yeah ? It's kind of disturbing that whenever someone brings up any issue of dogma (or history for that matter) that there's a bunch of organisations keen as mustard to get all medieval.
stray
stray
2057 posts

ooopsie
Oct 24, 2003, 10:29
That line about Christ being Jewish was erm..well.. silly trolling.

*runs in fear from potential fundamentalist griefers*
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: I will smite thee down
Oct 24, 2003, 11:12
Well, what does that tell you about that kook Mel and his fucked up ideas? Of course, if christ really cared, he would've struck down Pinochet as well...
stray
stray
2057 posts

nah ;)
Oct 24, 2003, 11:25
God tolerates the exercising of freewill by indulging in murderous oppression. It's only when his, or his kids, message gets misquoted in the mass media that he gets really pissed ;)
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: ooopsie
Oct 24, 2003, 11:42
the funny thing is jesus is a greek name, the hebrew for jesus is joshua

more useless trivia from ... blah bleurgh
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: ooopsie
Oct 24, 2003, 17:12
Wow, I didn't know that! Kinda reminds me of a joke a friend once posted on forum of some hapless christian goths -- something like "Of course, 'Jesus' means 'penis' in Egyptian..."
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: nah ;)
Oct 24, 2003, 17:14
Oi gess thot wot it was! ;^)
U-Know! Forum Index