Re: Looks like we're in(mostly) good company
Jun 19, 2003, 10:53
That's a really nice website.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Jun 19, 2003, 15:21
Fuck me. I'm laughing as I read it, but I'm scared.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jun 19, 2003, 15:28
Know it.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jun 19, 2003, 15:32
did anyone else see 'What the world thinks of america'? (on BBC2 the other night)
My head was swimming with statistics after that. But I was truly pleased to see that the people in the countries they polled seem to agree with us!! the forward thinking people of U-Know - in that they didn't much care for the American Way of doing things. It seemed only the Americans thought everyone else wanted to be like them. If only Bush would open his ears and listen to the rest of the world eh.
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Re: Looks like we're in(mostly) good com
Jun 19, 2003, 15:35
I am lost with on-line sites. Is this site genuinely Pro, or is it so over-the-top-pro that it is being satirical, and is actually anti??

If it is genuinely pro, I'd like to sign up for the traitors' list, please.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jun 19, 2003, 15:46
I think he has a problem with just the concept of the rest of the world. Let's see - there's Uncle Sam, the axis of evil (variable membership) and...er...
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Jun 19, 2003, 16:59
I think it's real. Look at the pictures of anti-war protests, glorfying tooled-up police. The flag etiquette and pledge of allegiance suggest they mean it. But

"If you do not support our president's decisions you are a traitor"

Is anyone that stupid?

On the plus side, you can buy a t-shirt that says traitor!
duckbreath
254 posts

Jun 20, 2003, 12:56
but all the people who have given me any kind of artistic enjoyment out of the list, (not necessarily the people i would trust to run the world) are are on the patriots page? - Bruce Willis, James Woods, The Nuge, James Ellroy - all the hardboiled, macho american 'dudes'

and all the folks i can't stand, Sarandon, Petty, Sheryl Crow, Madonna & Fred Durst are on the traitors list?

I think the whole idea of celebs having any credibility is basically a load of shite - they only take away from the causes they represent.

a plague on all their houses.
U-Know! Forum Index