Megameet 2022

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Megameet 2022
Jul 11, 2022, 17:13
Hi all.

The Megameet is back! And it's This Saturday!!!

This is where it all started. For the uninitiated, a group of stone heads from these hallowed pages decided, quite some years ago now, that we seemed to get on rather well here, so it might be nice to meet up. And guess what? It was!

So with the occasional deviation of location and regular deviation in dates, we have all met up every year to talk about big old rocks. And we sometimes actually do that, as well. ;)

This year we will be retuning to the old favourite, Avebury, starting around midday in the field opposite the entrance to the Red Lion. And if it's raining, we'll almost certainly be IN the Red Lion.

There is usually a book swap, where people bring along related books that they no longer want. So feel free if you have any old archaeological or historical (or astronomical, geographical, and all that!) books you don't need any more, someone will almost certainly re-home it for you!

Bring a picnic! Bring some old books! Come and join us! We're (mostly) lovely.

G x
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Re: Megameet 2022
Jul 11, 2022, 18:53
See you there!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 12, 2022, 13:44
Looks like we are going to have to postpone due to the excessive heat. Don't want to end up like the barber surgeon.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jul 12, 2022, 15:10
nigelswift wrote:
Looks like we are going to have to postpone due to the excessive heat. Don't want to end up like the barber surgeon.

More to the point Nigel, you don't want to end up in the local hospital. That would not be a good experience - hope you're doing okay x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 12, 2022, 17:12
I'm doing OK June, hope you are too.

I'd already cried off actually - health, heat and my taxi has covid!

Bit problematic, this place now. Shame, innit?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 13, 2022, 09:21
Yup! As has been mentioned in the thread, the Megameet has been postponed due to the ludicrous weather. For want of a better and more eloquent explanation, IT'S TOO 'OT!

Hopefully we can find another date where plenty of people are available, and where the weather is a little less inhospitable.

G x
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

Jul 22, 2022, 11:00
I would love to see you all agin when it happens!
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Aug 01, 2022, 14:37
Likewise, dude! It's been a very long while!

G x
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index