Well-being

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Well-being - River Sources
Feb 06, 2017, 13:24
nigelswift wrote:

Nah, I'm not having that, though it's often said. I wouldn't want my daughter to marry a neolithic farmer.

Imagine the chaos come solstice/christmas.
He'd be shit at charades too.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 06, 2017, 13:29
"on a fundamental level as our superiors."

On a fundamental level our equals .
We are all HSS , talk of superiority of a one group is simply racist .
On specific levels individuals could be superior or inferior but that would be due to their environment and culture .

We would adapt very quickly to survive in a prehistoric taskscape just as prehistoric peoples would ours .
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Feb 06, 2017, 22:51
Thanks d-i-f, will sniff in a bit. Email trauma ongoing. And soup. And bacon butty. And knackeredness. Went to work today for first time in week. Typical fieldwalker. Then I went fieldwalking. In a ditch. In the rain. In the dark. In satiable. I nit.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Feb 06, 2017, 22:56
Phil Harding: proof positive
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Feb 06, 2017, 23:11
With hindsight I was talking complete rubbish. Don't worry yourself any further about it. I don't think this is worth replying to in my opinion, and in any case supper and bed now beckon. You can't beat a nice lie down after a mug of Horlicks when you get to my age.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2017, 08:53
Feb 07, 2017, 08:51
Dog in fog wrote:

Just as an aside, your words made me think of a book I've been more pondering on than reading for the past year. I'm reading it in dribs and drabs: conceptually, it's very interesting. The comments in this link are worth reading...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48582.The_Spell_of_the_Sensuous.

[quote="Dog in fog"]

Read that book a few years back, his story about being trapped in a small cave as the rains fell and the spiders wove their web around him still buzzes in my mind.
What of course no one says is that phenemonology is not confined to archaeology. When my son was at uni doing computer studies he came home and asked me to buy him some books. There was four by Christopher Alexander - The Nature of Order. I could not understand how an architect could be useful to computers, but of course read the books when they came in. They taught me how to look deeper into the things around, the actual 'wholeness' of the everyday things in the world. This is where David Abram is coming from, it is captured in the perfect swan's wing on the cover......

Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2017, 09:10
Feb 07, 2017, 09:04
We do tai-chi at work. Does that count? Meditation next - and it'ssoooooooo cool, if you do it properly.

Basically concentrating on one's breathing.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 07, 2017, 09:09
moss wrote:
What of course no one says is that phenemonology is not confined to archaeology.

Or that there are many phenomenologies . It is mainly in archaeology though that the term becomes most abused . Misuse of Deconstruction is even more common .
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2017, 22:15
Feb 07, 2017, 09:18
It's quite amazing what meditation does to the body and the mind. Just 15 minutes of peace per day. You have to focus though. The power of the imagination is, better than you can even explore, as it explores your inner thoughts and expels all the crap which inhabits Le Monde, street, city, ethereal. It works. From mainly a confused brain, and expels all those daft engrams. Nice thoughts are more constructive, but you have to work at it.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2017, 10:22
Feb 07, 2017, 10:21
Markoid wrote:
We do tai-chi at work. Does that count? Meditation next - and it'ssoooooooo cool, if you do it properly.

Basically concentrating on one's breathing.

I don't meditate my mind is too curious to sit still for a period of time, but meditation arrives at answers, although in actual fact you should be aiming for a different level, LS would tell you more.
But reading Resurgence (now that gives a hell of a lot way as to how I am;) this morning, Satish said there should be five elements, the original 4, earth, water, fire and air, the fifth of course is imagination, in our thoughts we live elsewhere. Now he was walking a pilgrim's walk from the source of the Thames to where it reaches the sea. His walk is what many of the people do on TMA their pilgrimages are to the stones....
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index