Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Has your fresh find report REALLY been noted?

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Has your fresh find report REALLY been noted?
Jan 31, 2017, 01:03
I am not advocating stopping, George, precisely the opposite. The more the merrier on TMA. I really mean that sincerely. Thank you for your information. I believe you. You may frame that three word sentence. It sounds like you have done a very thorough job. Well done. Others should note: to repeat - do it properly or do not do it at all. It is the only way. This, as a consequence of what I discovered, means double checking, preferably to a high level. It would seem that in the past there has been an inefficient numpty in my area. Having encountered the present incumbent verbally, facially soon, I am absolutely confident that this is not the case now, despite the AWFUL funding for public bodies archaeological services countrywide currently. Thank 'above' for that my way. Elsewhere: pass. I remain worried on that level, and I seriously recommend anyone who may read this who has reported things previously to at least question the body they reported it to re o n e site, just as a litmus. Alarm bells may ring. I hope not. My original finder chap for More Hall has reported loads. I am now wondering what else may be still officially unrecorded despite his very best and competent efforts. I will try to put what I can right...he's a good man and, after I told him mine, he's now telling me his finds for which I am most grateful - on TMA they'll have his name on them, as per - enabling me, as and when I can, to bring their logging my way up to the standard required today, inc GPS. He cannot physically revisit some in rough terrain now, sadly. Touch wood, I will. I did not envisage being in the position to do so, serendipity and a recent find report has, and I will do my best too. You can only do that... Well done, George for going out there and looking. That is commendable. For anyone. I hope you agree...you may go for ages and find bugger all. Sadly, so few seem to even try, even in the Peak. Visiting existing sites, yes. To those that do not: eschewing those sites and walking up and down is not necessarily boring. Listen to the birds. Use headphones if you need other sounds. Whatever. You may even find you enjoy it. As a byproduct I lost almost two stone. Nuff said?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index