18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GLADMAN
950 posts

Re: Getting TMA securely archived for posterity: EDS/anyone
Mar 28, 2016, 16:23
Good thread.

My comments were....

The site is a vastly more comprehensive online version of Julian Cope's 'The Modern Antiquarian' hardback book and, as such, has been fundamental in developing my personal interest in the prehistoric culture of the UK and beyond. Of far more importance, however, it has progressively - and demonstrably - helped to raise community awareness of the fragile state of a significant percentage of our tangible prehistoric remains, not least upland burial cairns subject to vandalism by walkers, and sites upon agricultural land subject to mistreatment by farmers. Members are encouraged to act as the 'eyes of the authorities' and report incidents to the appropriate bodies as and when noted. Therefore not only does this site serve as an, in my experience, unparalleled educational resource, but also serves as a 'watchdog' to help protect our prehistoric heritage for future generations.

It is my belief that this wonderful resource, established and maintained in such an altruistic manner by Mr Cope, should be safeguarded for all. It would be tragic to lose the results of countless hours of fieldwork by members across Europe.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index