Adding new sites to TMA

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Oct 09, 2015, 03:08
Adding new sites to TMA
Oct 09, 2015, 03:05
I've returned on Monday from western Galloway, and have visited thirty sites in eight days, some of which have no entries on TMA, and some not on 'the competition' site (is it?), nor, it seems, even on Canmore. How do I upload them to TMA? One is, apparently, the largest Iron Age earthwork in the UK, but has, it seems, slipped through the TMA net till now. Yes, I expect I can add field notes and pics to existing TMA entries, and will be doing so for all such when I have composed lucid prose and processed images, promise, but how do you start an entry for a site from scratch? My sole coms hub for HH is a (not very) smartphone, so I know I may have missed something. Anyway, through life stuff and domestic circumstance this was my first holiday expedition devoted exclusively to visiting sites for twenty six years - I used to love wandering round sites in the White and Dark Peaks and Chilterns in my footloose pre-marriage days - and I had only visited nine since 2010. Oh, how good it felt to be 'back at it' in earnest - and I think I've found some er, very interesting things.....
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Adding new sites to TMA
Oct 09, 2015, 07:05
Here you go:

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/help/#contributing

You need to select the county and then choose "add site" from the drop down thingy.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 09, 2015, 10:54
Ta dude. Am self confessed tech phobe : )
CARL
511 posts

Oct 09, 2015, 13:09
It is easy to register with Canmore - even I was able to do it! :)
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Adding new sites to TMA
Oct 09, 2015, 13:51
: ) with the dodgy device I've got I only believe something when it happens. Btw, I had a bloody good look for Whirlpool too, so its not just you : ( (I did find four maybe ton+ stones tidied away in a wall)
CARL
511 posts

Oct 09, 2015, 18:18
Hopefully it is still there, somewhere, waiting to be re-discovered!
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Adding new sites to TMA
Oct 09, 2015, 22:46
Yup. I found with one or two other stones that the Landranger dot can be inaccurate. Top field nearer the turbines? Hope to have another crack next year..
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 05, 2015, 23:03
The section for any additional information re new sites seems to be missing from the 'add a site' page at the moment.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index