Missing fieldnotes - TMA Eds

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bawn79
bawn79
864 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2015, 11:23
Missing fieldnotes - TMA Eds
Sep 04, 2015, 19:32
Sorry to be annoying, I've been doing a review of some of my old fieldnotes and I was sure I had posted about a ogham stone that originally came from the townland of Mountrussel in Co. Limerick, Ireland (I have a fieldnote about this particular sit) and presently is in Co. Tipperary in the gardens of the Glen of Aherlow Hotel. Could this have been deleted?
It sticks in my mind because I think I wrote a note on the Mountrussel page saying that it is now in Tipperary. I can't remember what name I gave for the Tipperary site but I can't seem to find it on here.
TMA Ed
615 posts

Re: Missing fieldnotes - TMA Eds
Sep 07, 2015, 21:13
Hello Bawn,

I've been searching in various ways but haven't found it either. Some assiduous editor could have deleted it in an anti-ogham moment but I do doubt that. I don't see your note on the Mountrussel page but feel it would be very unlikely an editor would delete only part of a fieldnote.

I did find some ogham stones you've written about which are in the grounds of a different hotel in Tipperary (a hotel that also begins with A)
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/12296/adare_manor.html
not that I'm suggesting you might have misremembered your note!

It would be laborious but you could check all the mentions of 'ogham' using the search - site posts option. Or you could go your own sites page and look for a name that you recognise (you can filter by site type).

Good luck. Please do add it again if you can't find it (and I hope you do not feel you've lost photographs).
TMA Ed.
bawn79
bawn79
864 posts

Re: Missing fieldnotes - TMA Eds
Sep 08, 2015, 10:07
Sorry for putting you to the bother - It's odd alright, I think it would be very unlikely to have been deleted but on the other hand in "my minds eye" I seem to be able to recall the note I wrote on the Mountrussel page linking it to the other fieldnote (where the stone is currently located).

I've actually started a facebook page to post stuff about County Tipperary (including more modern stuff than this page deals in) and I've been trying to find pictures of the ogham stone on my external hard-drive. I had hoped that the date I posted on here would give me a hand in finding it.
I'm sure I will come across it and when I do I'll post it up here. Thanks again

https://www.facebook.com/Thetipperaryantiquarian
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index