Stubob

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Stubob
Jul 14, 2015, 17:56
I received some terrible news today, our friend Stubob has died.
I haven’t seen Stu for a good while but we’ve always kept in touch and I have nothing but happy memories of Stu.
Stu was a lovely bloke, he was funny, intelligent, gentle and generous but what impressed me the most about him was that he was a bloke who lived his life according to his own rules
Stu and I had a number of adventures throughout the North of England and Scotland but I guess my fondest memories of Stu are from my visits to Derbyshire. Stu’s depth of knowledge was truly astounding. He seemed to know everything about everywhere, there seemed to be nowhere that he hadn’t explored. Still to this day, whenever I kick over a molehill or see a clump of trees on a hilltop I think of Stu and Minninglow.
Please take a moment to think about Stu and his family especially when you are out and about in the hills.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Re: Stubob
Jul 14, 2015, 18:11
What awful news. I'm very sorry to hear that.

I never met Stu but he was always friendly on here and elsewhere and a great source of information about anywhere he'd been.

Very sad indeed. Thoughts to his family.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 14, 2015, 20:18
Jul 14, 2015, 19:43
Sorry and sad to hear this news. Your post is a lovely tribute to him.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Jul 14, 2015, 22:47
Sad news. R.I.P. Stubob.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Jul 15, 2015, 00:18
That is very sad news Fitz - my thoughts go out to his family.

I remember you talking about him and the days out you had last time I saw you ( the Lakes camping trip 2003? - has it really been that long?)

Hope all is well with you.

Joolio
Emma A
69 posts

Jul 15, 2015, 00:19
Oh my goodness, I'm really shocked and sorry. I only met Stu once but he was so amazingly knowledgeable, kind and helpful. He knew more about the prehistory of the Peak District than anyone. What a great loss this is xxx
dee
1955 posts

Jul 15, 2015, 07:30
R.I.P XX
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2015, 22:12
Jul 15, 2015, 09:28
I was reminded by Harestonedown (aka Geoff) this morning on FB that Stu was the co-author of the very fine website http://pecsaetan.weebly.com/
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jul 15, 2015, 11:25
A beautiful tribute, like many on this board for me he was only a voice who contributed to TMA, and you have generously painted a picture of someone to admire. So it is indeed a sad loss and my best wishes go out to his family. X
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Jul 15, 2015, 14:30
Stunned by this news. I've met Stu a few times, he was a truely lovely chap who'd always want to walk just that bit further to see something, anything, prehistoric. His knowledge and experience across The Peaks means that you are walking in his footsteps at almost every prehistoric site around there. RIP mate.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index