"Club rules"
This topic is locked

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
harestonesdown
1067 posts

"Club rules"
Aug 04, 2013, 05:17
"Mr Astral shouldn't be painted as a bit of a martyr. If he's a victim of anything it's of his own refusal to play properly. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but even nice blokes need to keep to club rules else we'll have no club."

Got about a 3rd the way through the Glast thread then wanted to pluck my eyes out. But given that short insight i have to agree with this.

Not sure which clique that puts me in though, and would hate if we all felt a need to *like* each and every post.
woolybaque
woolybaque
109 posts

Re: "Club rules"
Aug 06, 2013, 13:45
A good 'rule' of thumb to bear in mind is that offence is, for the most part, taken. A good disagreement, argument or dispute is often the best means of clarifying and sharpening your own mind on whatever your point is, and you can always refuse to take offence, even when it's deliberate.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Aug 07, 2013, 02:07
woolybaque wrote:
A good 'rule' of thumb to bear in mind is that offence is, for the most part, taken. A good disagreement, argument or dispute is often the best means of clarifying and sharpening your own mind on whatever your point is, and you can always refuse to take offence, even when it's deliberate.

I wholeheartedly agree on all points.

Thing is some people refuse to bury the hatchet, and that's to the detriment of every other member.

I know it's a broken record but i'd offer my free services as a guide to any member here, all online shit forgiven. I doubt anyone here is the twat they are perceived to be, in real life. :)

It's kinda weird that people with such a niche interest do the best to alienate themselves from one another, when we should all be pulling together.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Aug 07, 2013, 11:29
Aug 07, 2013, 11:17
(Edited)
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 07, 2013, 13:14
Aug 07, 2013, 13:12
harestonesdown wrote:

Thing is some people refuse to bury the hatchet ...

I think I may have been guilty of referring to an 'old grievance' for which I apologise to Nigel Swift. Sorry Nigel.
I recently came across an article -the trauma of being alive which may seem completely unrelated to this forum. What is saying is we think we have 'got over' a loss/grief/trauma when something else happens which brings it back into sharp focus. Which is why I say again we should be very careful about slinging insults around online.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 07, 2013, 13:25
for which I apologise

Not necessary.

we should be very careful about slinging insults around online.

Quite. None of us knows who is suffering what.
Mustard
1043 posts

Aug 07, 2013, 14:50
nigelswift wrote:

I'm tend to suffer fools, but not gladly ;)
Mustard
1043 posts

Aug 07, 2013, 14:50
Mustard wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Disclaimer: the above post is not intended as a veiled insult.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 07, 2013, 17:15
Aug 07, 2013, 17:13
Mustard wrote:
Mustard wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Disclaimer: the above post is not intended as a veiled insult.

With a couple of notable exceptions, I've always suffered fools gladly.
Mustard
1043 posts

Aug 07, 2013, 17:24
tjj wrote:

With a couple of notable exceptions, I've always suffered fools gladly.

I don't regard the suffering of fools as a virtue necessarily, but each to their own :)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index