Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Similarities elsewhere?
Apr 02, 2013, 22:09
thesweetcheat wrote:
I know, you deserted me tonight though!

I was watching synchronised passing from paris and came back to a sea of red messages .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:10
thesweetcheat wrote:
I know, you deserted me tonight though!

Both at once and the site would crash:@)
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2013, 22:26
Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
Apr 02, 2013, 22:13
I can't speak for HH and I'm sure he/she wouldn't want me to. I can say though I don't think its negative to say that while this long circular discussion continues with no provable outcome all other topics are essentially being stifled. You yourself suggested that others start a new topic if they don't want to participate in this one - but what are you doing to encourage this. Its ok you know, you can still have your solstice trip without having to dominate the forum for the next couple of months talking about it. No disrespect intended.
Harryshill
510 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:13
harestonesdown wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
I have the book. You do not, yet seem happy to say (without having read it) that you're already bored with it...

Please don't put words in my mouth. ( your not very good at it) I am bored with this thread to the point I wouldn't buy the book.

Tedious, is a word that comes to mind. And you really don't help the cause.

Folk, if your interested, please buy Roys book.

I'd say your opinion would be more valid if people had some idea who you are. Off hand i don't think i've seen any contributions by yourself ie pics posted, field notes etc or your general location etc. Added to your negativity on just about everything you come across as very troll like, imo.

Give over, You know far more about trolling than I. If you want to suport Roys sales then fine. I can live wih that.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:14
Criticism is fine, though not without the originator’s full research in front of you. After perusing that I’d say go for it – but not until :-)
Harryshill
510 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:15
Do you mean buy the book ?
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:15
Said it from the off, Roy even thought it was me, i'll never get over that one:0}
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:16
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
It's just the aesthetics really for me and the over laping with the stone next to it, and hardly anyone takes a photo from that side as it just doesn't look good/right, you must admit there's hardly any photo's of that side, just one really clear one on here for example, it looks wrong, and the way the capstone rests perfectly on the sidestone behind is odd as it not even meant to is it?

Some other overlapping sidestone ,sometimes it's just on one side .http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/2963/tirnoney.html
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/1376/knockeen.html
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/1817/poulnabrone.html
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=6333405
If the backstone was in place then wouldn't it mean that the capstone was not resting on the sidestone ?

I can see it on them yes, not sure about Poulnabrone though as it's pretty flush, but to me the gap above the stone at Trethevy is way to big, the overlapping is something that does happen a lot [i did know this to be honest but couldn't think of anywhere] but trethevy seems a lot like Zennor and it's stones are pretty flush, Portal tombs and all there types are funny old beasts aren't they? i've always been a stone circle man but these places have grapped me since moving down here, very special places indeed.

One side of Poulnabrone is flush the other is different .Lots have gaps between capstone and sidestones or big slopes in either direction , there is quite a variety .They seem to be a type of monument ,like stone circles , that got built in a fair bit of the globe .Even something similar to the the cat flap at Trethevy is found elsewhere particulalry in the Caucusus .
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:17
Harryshill wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Harryshill wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
I have the book. You do not, yet seem happy to say (without having read it) that you're already bored with it...

Please don't put words in my mouth. ( your not very good at it) I am bored with this thread to the point I wouldn't buy the book.

Tedious, is a word that comes to mind. And you really don't help the cause.

Folk, if your interested, please buy Roys book.

I'd say your opinion would be more valid if people had some idea who you are. Off hand i don't think i've seen any contributions by yourself ie pics posted, field notes etc or your general location etc. Added to your negativity on just about everything you come across as very troll like, imo.

Give over, You know far more about trolling than I. If you want to suport Roys sales then fine. I can live wih that.

Whatever.
I'll shout it loud and proud, I'm Geoff Watson. Remember that, "mate" ?

;)
Harryshill
510 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 22:18
All because I don't suport your point of veiw.

And thats sad.
Pages: 40 – [ Previous | 130 31 32 33 34 35 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index