The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Wincobank »
Wincobank hill saved from devolopers.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Wincobank hill saved from devolopers.
Jan 11, 2013, 18:45
"Brilliant news! We have just been notified that the Planning Inspector has dismissed Investates appeal to build houses on the historic Wincobank Hill. The land will remain green open space and an important part of the setting for the iron age hill fort which is a scheduled ancient monument.
A big 'thank you' to all of you who signed the petition, it really did make a difference."

Let's hope any future applications go the same way, and a personal thanks to those here that signed the petition.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Re: Wincobank hill saved from devolopers.
Jan 12, 2013, 13:53
That's excellent news HSD, nice one.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Jan 12, 2013, 14:10
thesweetcheat wrote:
That's excellent news HSD, nice one.

Yup. I'm looking at it now through my window, so glad it wont be covered in houses now.
Alastair Ross
11 posts

Jan 14, 2013, 19:30
Thats great news - I used to take regular walks up there when I lived over on that side of the city as it wasn't too far from my house.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Jan 14, 2013, 19:59
Good news, but how can they even think of such things in the first place?
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Jan 14, 2013, 20:24
bladup wrote:

They weren't actually going to build on the hill fort Paul, just the land besides it which has been a long standing open green area for locals.
Bit like the 9 ladies really.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Jan 14, 2013, 21:05
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

They weren't actually going to build on the hill fort Paul, just the land besides it which has been a long standing open green area for locals.
Bit like the 9 ladies really.

We need to keep as many green spaces as we can especially with the lizards in power, I once had a horrible vision that Hordron edge was right at the edge of Sheffield and Ash cabin flat was in a housing estate, the way the population is going it's a vision of a not to distant future, the more people there are the more important those green spaces become.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index