Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2012, 13:58
Places or sites that have spooked you.
Oct 11, 2012, 13:29
One of mine happened to me the first time I visited Robin hood's stride [I have other strange tales from other times there as well].
Me and 2 friends spent the night there, one friend went very very strange [and stayed strange, we tried staying friends after but couldn't].
We put a tent up and he put up a little tent in the big one, got in it and started growling [like he was possessed], me and my other friend nervously went up the stride.
I was thinking that my "friend" wanted to come up and throw me off, as it really felt like it had happened before, at that moment I knew I had lived in the Prehistoric settlement below [even though I didn't know for a few years that other people knew about it].
All these thoughts were going through my head when my friend looked at me [I hadn't said anything] and said "he wants to come up here and throw you off". I then shit myself, my friend said "it's alright I won't let him this time" [oh errr].
I talked about living there before and I knew the other growling friend was once in a bigger local tribe and had come to make our settlement join their tribe. When I resisted I was taken up and thrown off by him, as an example of what would happen if the rest didn't toe the line.
We went back down from the stride and he was still growling, I lay there that night being thrown off again and again 100's of times, just before I hit the ground, I'd be falling again. The morning came and I opened my tent at the same time as the "friend" that wanted to kill me, I looked at him [he knew nothing because when we had come back the night before, me and the other lad hadn't spoke at all about anything, as his growling was very off putting].
He pulled his tent door open and looked me in the eyes and said "all I wanted to do last night was come up there and push you off", I said "you don't say"! I gave him a hug [me and my friend both saw a ball of light fly out the back of him] and I said it's alright [it wasn't but I had to spend more days with him yet!].
We saw each other a few more times but he was like a different man, he was now without humour, niceness or any light at all, and this made not seeing him again very easy.
I had known him 10 years, when he had first saw me he looked like he had seen a ghost. I finally understood that first look at last [to him it was like looking at a ghost], he had always claimed as well that he knew me from a past life as well, so just because someone might know you from a past life doesn't always mean that it's something good, as people seem to remember horrible things from past lives just as much as nice things.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Places or sites that have spooked you.
Oct 11, 2012, 13:54
Kintraw

Pasted from the comments section :

This place scared me.

I was driving back to Dingwall having spent the day in Kilmartin and intended to stop off and visit this site as I had ignored it on the way down in the morning, keen to get to Kilmartin itself.

It was November and late in the afternoon, so was pretty dark.
I came round the corner and there it was. Slowing the car down ready to pull in to the layby, I looked at the place and one of those 'bolts' of fear went right through me.
I was perfectly relaxed beforehand and had just spent a great day in Kilmartin, so there was no real reason for it. Just the look of it, in the fading light scared me to death.

These days I would force myself to go up to the monument (I've made a promise to myself regarding this 'fear' feeling that I get now and again at sites) but at the time there was absolutely no question about it - I wasn't going anywhere near it.
For whatever reason, at that particular moment, in that light, no one around, the stone and cairn together looked like one of the most menacing things i'd ever seen.

I slammed the clutch down, put it in gear and carried on driving back up North, but the image of it stayed in my mind all the way back as I tried to work out what it was that caused me to feel that way.
Maybe thats what you get for willfully ignoring the ancestors.

I'll visit next time. In the morning, probably.

I have had a similar feeling at at a few other sites.
My one and only visit to Dunnydeer RSC, an early visit to the Rollright Stones just after sunsrise (been many many times since with no issue), Assycombe Hill (Visited with a friend which made the feeling somewhat easier to deal with, but I think i'd have freaked out if on my own) and Bacombe Hill, a bowl barrow in Buckinghamshire. (Awful lot of B's there)
CARL
511 posts

Oct 11, 2012, 14:07
This is pretty vaugue I am afraid!

I was carrying Sophie (as a baby) to a site (can't remember the name of it) and all was fine. But as we started to get near she started to cry for no apparent reason. The closer we got the worse she was. In fact she got so bad that I only got to within about 20m of the site before turning around and heading back to the car. Needless to say, the further we walked away the more settled she became and was back to normal by the time we got back to the car.

As for myself, I have never 'sensed' anything that has spooked me - other than looking over my shoulder for farmers when in places i shouldn't be!
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2012, 16:35
Oct 11, 2012, 14:13
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Kintraw

This place scared me.

I was driving back to Dingwall having spent the day in Kilmartin and intended to stop off and visit this site as I had ignored it on the way down in the morning, keen to get to Kilmartin itself.

I came round the corner and there it was. Slowing the car down ready to pull in to the layby, I looked at the place and one of those 'bolts' of fear went right through me.
I was perfectly relaxed beforehand and had just spent a great day in Kilmartin, so there was no real reason for it. Just the look of it, in the fading light scared me to death.

These days I would force myself to go up to the monument (I've made a promise to myself regarding this 'fear' feeling that I get now and again at sites) but at the time there was absolutely no question about it - I wasn't going anywhere near it.
For whatever reason, at that particular moment, in that light, no one around, the stone and cairn together looked like one of the most menacing things i'd ever seen.

I slammed the clutch down, put it in gear and carried on driving back up North, but the image of it stayed in my mind all the way back as I tried to work out what it was that caused me to feel that way.

My one and only visit to Dunnydeer RSC, an early visit to the Rollright Stones just after sunsrise (been many many times since with no issue), Assycombe Hill (Visited with a friend which made the feeling somewhat easier to deal with, but I think i'd have freaked out if on my own) and Bacombe Hill, a bowl barrow in Buckinghamshire. (Awful lot of B's there)

You seem to have had a good few lives Evergreen! The rollright stones, callanish and loch buie stone circles have all spooked me on moonless black nights as well, One night at callanish the place was loving and welcoming, the next horrible and oppressive and the next back to loving and welcoming, we left after this one, as i loved the place that much i wanted to leave on a nice note, the first time i saw a picture of Loch Buie stone circle all the hairs on my body stood on end and i was a mixture of terrified and excited, and then when i went something tried doing all it could to stop me getting to lock Buie stone circle one dark night, an invisible force even pushed me over, i thought if i could just get to the circle everything would be alright, it wasn't!!! as when i got there the terror increased, i left and when i went back in the morning the place felt bloody lovely, and whenever we've stayed at the rollright's with no moon, it always feels like something is following you when you leave the circle, i've just realised this is all very apt, seeing as hallowe'en is acoming.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Oct 11, 2012, 14:14
bladup wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Kintraw

This place scared me.

You seem to have had a good few lives Evergreen! The rollright stones, callanish and loch buie stone circles have all spooked me on moonless black nights as well, one night at callanish the place was loving and welcoming, the next horrible and oppressive and the next back to loving and welcoming, we left after this one, as i loved the place that much i wanted to leave on a nice note, something tried doing all it could to stop me getting to lock Buie one dark night, an invisible force even pushed me over, i thought if i could just get to the circle everything would be alright, it wasn't!!! as when i got there the terror increased, i left and when i went back in the morning the place felt bloody lovely, and whenever we've stayed at the rollright's with no moon, it always feels like something is following you when you leave the circle, i've just realised this is all very apt, seeing as hallowe'en is acoming.

I don't know what conclusions I could draw from either of our stories, but I do like thinking about the possibilities. Your story sounds frightening in the extreme and there are elements of it that I couldn't possibly hope to explain.

Its interesting in itself that you are more inclined to think of a past life connection and I'd probably be more inclinded to think of it as my brain adding together all sorts of 'data' - dark skies, 'mysterious' site, nobody around, a site of 'death' and put that together with perhaps my own fatigue, hunger etc etc and the brain comes up with something which acts as a 'warning' of sorts.

However, i'm not satisfied with thinking that way either. It 'makes sense' in a very logical sort of way but it doesn't 'feel' like necessarily the right reason for these feelings.

I find myself positioned somewhere between the two on subjects like this. I still haven't worked it out to my own satisfaction and probably never will but I love reading stuff like your above post, because it opens up other possibilities, and thats what I enjoy most - Considering everything from the plain or logical to the more elaborate things that ask you to take a leap of faith into a different kind of thinking, which can be hard for a lot of people.

Its pretty much what drives my love of prehistory i'd say, that combination.
I do have a feeling that the people who built and 'used' these monuments knew something rather important that a lot of us living now do not.
I can't defend that position, it's just a feeling.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Oct 11, 2012, 14:18
CARL wrote:
This is pretty vaugue I am afraid!

I was carrying Sophie (as a baby) to a site (can't remember the name of it) and all was fine. But as we started to get near she started to cry for no apparent reason. The closer we got the worse she was. In fact she got so bad that I only got to within about 20m of the site before turning around and heading back to the car. Needless to say, the further we walked away the more settled she became and was back to normal by the time we got back to the car.

As for myself, I have never 'sensed' anything that has spooked me - other than looking over my shoulder for farmers when in places i shouldn't be!

My lad Orion [he was about 5 then] once wouldn't go into the Druid's circle in north wales, he walked all the way in great humour and got to the edge of the circle, looked at me very scarred and started crying his eyes out, he wouldn't go in for love or money, and my missus took him back to the van [he had been to 100's of places], me and the other kids felt great and had a fine time there for a few hours, and my missus said he was fine as soon as they left.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Oct 11, 2012, 14:26
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Kintraw

This place scared me.

You seem to have had a good few lives Evergreen! The rollright stones, callanish and loch buie stone circles have all spooked me on moonless black nights as well, one night at callanish the place was loving and welcoming, the next horrible and oppressive and the next back to loving and welcoming, we left after this one, as i loved the place that much i wanted to leave on a nice note, something tried doing all it could to stop me getting to lock Buie one dark night, an invisible force even pushed me over, i thought if i could just get to the circle everything would be alright, it wasn't!!! as when i got there the terror increased, i left and when i went back in the morning the place felt bloody lovely, and whenever we've stayed at the rollright's with no moon, it always feels like something is following you when you leave the circle, i've just realised this is all very apt, seeing as hallowe'en is acoming.

I don't know what conclusions I could draw from either of our stories, but I do like thinking about the possibilities. Your story sounds frightening in the extreme and there are elements of it that I couldn't possibly hope to explain.

Its interesting in itself that you are more inclined to think of a past life connection and I'd probably be more inclinded to think of it as my brain adding together all sorts of 'data' - dark skies, 'mysterious' site, nobody around, a site of 'death' and put that together with perhaps my own fatigue, hunger etc etc and the brain comes up with something which acts as a 'warning' of sorts.

However, i'm not satisfied with thinking that way either. It 'makes sense' in a very logical sort of way but it doesn't 'feel' like necessarily the right reason for these feelings.

I find myself positioned somewhere between the two on subjects like this. I still haven't worked it out to my own satisfaction and probably never will but I love reading stuff like your above post, because it opens up other possibilities, and thats what I enjoy most - Considering everything from the plain or logical to the more elaborate things that ask you to take a leap of faith into a different kind of thinking, which can be hard for a lot of people.

I do have a feeling that the people who built and 'used' these monuments knew something rather important that a lot of us living now do not.

That's why the happenings are strange, because of my past lives i'm not scarred of death, so am therefore not scarred of anything [apart from ending up cabbage like, but that's the same for everyone], and in these moments i do feel fear, that's why the memories stay so strong to me, i honestly claim to know about my past lives, but my reality is mine and everyone is different, with there own different realities, some will fit in with my beliefs others not, this doesn't make some right and others wrong, because there's parts of life so thick with mystery that they can all be right.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2012, 14:37
Oct 11, 2012, 14:27
bladup wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Kintraw

This place scared me.

I agree, That's why the happenings are strange, because of my past lives i'm not scarred of death, so am therefore not scarred of anything [apart from ending up cabbage like, but that's the same for everyone], and in these moments i do feel fear, that's why the memories stay so strong to me, i honestly claim to know about my past lives, but my reality is mine and everyone is different, with there own different realities, some will fit in with my beliefs others not, this doesn't make some right and others wrong, because there's parts of life so thick with mystery that they can all be right.
My strongest past life memory [i've had it from the start of this life] is been taken along a hedge and walking around the end of it, and it opening into a field with standing stones [it looked like Loch Buie again], i saw a man in Robes that i recognised [ he looked just like the archbishop of canterbury ], i thought i was safe and walked over to him, and the last thing i remember was him hitting me on the head with a neolithic battle axe, the next thing i remember was this life!
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Oct 11, 2012, 15:03
bladup wrote:
My strongest past life memory [i've had it from the start of this life] is been taken along a hedge and walking around the end of it, and it opening into a field with standing stones [it looked like Loch Buie again], i saw a man in Robes that i recognised [ he looked just like the archbishop of canterbury ], i thought i was safe and walked over to him, and the last thing i remember was him hitting me on the head with a neolithic battle axe, the next thing i remember was this life!

Bloody hell!

I'm genuinely interested (I think we've got past the point now where we're trying to prove something to eachother, thank gawd), in why you consider these memories or experiences to be definitely 'past lives'.

Have you been 'told' in some way, literally, or is it a feeling?

Also, could somebody elses opinion in any way change your thinking or are you absolutely 100% sure in yourself?

I'm only asking because as I said in my post above, I feel I sit somewhere in the middle. I feel I need to retain logic but I am also drawn to the supernatural and/or the illogical.

Or perhaps you don't consider 'past lives' to be supernatural or 'mysterious' but just genuinely part of a natural cycle? Part of being a human being or part of the workings of the planet were on, even?

Sorry Paul, lots of questions there. I'm really interested to know though.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2012, 16:29
Oct 11, 2012, 16:15
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:

Bloody hell!

I'm genuinely interested (I think we've got past the point now where we're trying to prove something to eachother, thank gawd), in why you consider these memories or experiences to be definitely 'past lives'.

Have you been 'told' in some way, literally, or is it a feeling?

Also, could somebody elses opinion in any way change your thinking or are you absolutely 100% sure in yourself?

I'm only asking because as I said in my post above, I feel I sit somewhere in the middle. I feel I need to retain logic but I am also drawn to the supernatural and/or the illogical.

Or perhaps you don't consider 'past lives' to be supernatural or 'mysterious' but just genuinely part of a natural cycle? Part of being a human being or part of the workings of the planet were on, even?

Sorry Paul, lots of questions there. I'm really interested to know though.

Well first been in the middle is always a great place to be in general, but even better when trying to work something out, this is where i normally try to be, but not in this case, i knew everything i know now from the start of this life [i sometimes feel like i knew more back when i was a child], i was a very wise child, and it's a lot easier to spot a wise child than an adult, as the adult could just be a good actor, i know what i know and where it's from, everything that's wrong in the world started to go wrong back in the ages we all love [in prehistory], when people started farming and taking the land from the people [ nature is a big larder ] and by making weapons and money. To be here and see what it all turned into [i see the good as well] is torture for people like me [us], because I [we] know how great life can be, if i was "put" in this age to see all this, then maybe in the next life i will be "put" back in the age i last came from [i've always felt the person who hit me knew where i'd go and that he was saving me from a fate worse than what he did], i hope to also remember how it all turns out in the next life, and will do everything in my power to stop it happening again, it's all gone to far to stop it now, it will have to be sorted out back then, time for souls isn't linear like a lot of people think it is, war and weapons, massive quarries, pollution and money [the route of all evil] all let demons in and break my heart, they should never have been "allowed in the first place", knowing and seeing all this is like torture to me, i'm "told" to take it all in and to try and change things "back" then, when people like me are put back there, i mean one of the first "quarries" in these islands is there because it's where they got the stone to build Stenness and Brodger, places i myself love, it's a lot harder to work out whats right and wrong than people think, and i'm free to write all this because i've never minded people thinking i'm a madman, because nobody who's known me in the flesh thinks it! i know i've been a bit funny with you in the past but you are free to say what you want, this is all very personal and i don't ever expect people to just believe me [They do when i look them in the eyes though] and no nothing will ever shake this, i'm 100 % sure but that's for me not others, everybodies reality is theirs and we are all on different paths, it's just that sometimes they cross!
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index