Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
What's acceptable when interacting with sites?

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: What's acceptable when interacting with sites?
May 17, 2011, 08:29
Rhiannon wrote:
so you're back from your travels to the far north are you?

Are you going to get the slide projector out?!

Rhiannon if you were'nt so snobby about F/B you could follow Scubi's progress on that trashy site;). But he's got back to the West Country in one safe piece!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 17, 2011, 09:04
Hmm it's not really snobbery, it's kind of paranoia and mistrust. I find the whole thing a bit of a weird idea. I don't tell my sister and my friend from down the road and my internet acquaintances and that person I met down the pub once and someone I worked with 10 years ago and somebody I went to school with, etc. the same sorts of things, but that's what facebook is, it's presenting the same face to everybody.

Maybe it's just me and I'm weird.

(maybe it IS just me and I AM weird... blimey.)

Ah what the hell.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:21
Rhiannon wrote:
Hmm it's not really snobbery, it's kind of paranoia and mistrust.

I keep trying with it, but have trouble using it without it annoying me.

Also, you're right to mistrust it - there's some right nutters out there (see other meglaithic fora for details*) ;)

G x
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:27
goffik wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
Hmm it's not really snobbery, it's kind of paranoia and mistrust.

I keep trying with it, but have trouble using it without it annoying me.

Also, you're right to mistrust it - there's some right nutters out there (see other meglaithic fora for details*) ;)

G x

I have tried to get off it , but it's not so easy , well for me anyway It's not simply a forum where all you have to do is just not post . I would like to be removed , any suggestions ?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:30
Yup!

Go to the "Account" menu (top right of the screen) and select "Account Settings". At the bottom, you will see "Deactivate Account". Select this and you will get a few screens trying to convince you to stay. When you get through this, you are told you have 14 days in which to reactivate the account should you wish. If you don't, the account will be deleted. Good luck. ;)

G x
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:36
goffik wrote:
Yup!

Go to the "Account" menu (top right of the screen) and select "Account Settings". At the bottom, you will see "Deactivate Account". Select this and you will get a few screens trying to convince you to stay. When you get through this, you are told you have 14 days in which to reactivate the account should you wish. If you don't, the account will be deleted. Good luck. ;)

G x

Great , thanks i'll give it a shot .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:49
tiompan wrote:
goffik wrote:
Yup!

G x

Great , thanks i'll give it a shot .

Thanks Goff , I think it has worked .
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 17, 2011, 10:52
No worries! I did it and only signed up again cos some companies assume everyone uses it and have content you can only access via an account!

Then I thought I'd try to be sociable on it, but that's the bit I find tricky... :D

Stick to yer guns! One day we will vanquish this behemoth!!! ;)

G x
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

May 17, 2011, 13:58
If on crutches, leave crutch marks as well :-)
common era
865 posts

Edited May 17, 2011, 14:18
May 17, 2011, 14:17
It's probably already been mentioned (sorry, didn't read through all the posts here) but my philosophy regarding being in the great outdoors is simple. First, follow the Countryside Code:

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/default.aspx

Even simpler than that is the old adage:

Take nothing but photographs.
Leave nothing but footprints.

No compromises either.
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index