The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
WKLB, Shamans and the Cosmos

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

WKLB, Shamans and the Cosmos
May 08, 2011, 06:26
I'm afraid most of this leaves me cold, but we are all entitled to our views so I'm not knocking it.

http://www.thelightandenergychannel.tv/west-kennet-long-barrow-with-peter-knight/#more-335

Once opened scroll up for the video.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Re: WKLB, Shamans and the Cosmos
May 08, 2011, 13:28
Yes, that's well worth watching - a well made video. The most interesting bit is when the local guide points out the setting and rising points, on the horizon, from the barrow entrance.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 08, 2011, 13:40
StoneGloves wrote:
Yes, that's well worth watching - a well made video. The most interesting bit is when the local guide points out the setting and rising points, on the horizon, from the barrow entrance.

I only saw a bit my broadband is playing up . I did see him point to the non BA clumps of trees with barrows in them, but what he didn't mention was that there are plenty of other BA barrows on Overton Hill -Avebury down which are not aligned to anything in the usual Thom paradigm . Did he specify from the barrow entrance ?
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

May 08, 2011, 16:05
From some of the chambers, often, and despite the gigantic blocking stone. I was watching their clothes and demeanour and it seemed odd, to me, to be wearing synthetics in a prehistoric setting. But there you go. The drumming, near the end of the piece, is pretty impressive and could only have been improved by a reed or bone flute, in the mix. I suppose the synthetic equivalent would be Mellotron!
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

May 08, 2011, 21:17
StoneGloves wrote:
But there you go. The drumming, near the end of the piece, is pretty impressive and could only have been improved by a reed or bone flute, in the mix. I suppose the synthetic equivalent would be Mellotron!

I'll go along with that. A bit of flute-bone would have set it off nice. They sort of lost it a bit just before they stopped, but there were some interesting harmonics being produced.

Having said that, if your bband was playing up Tiompan, you didnae miss much. Pretty much standard yoghurt-weaving fare, a bit of dowsing, a bit of drumming, thankfully no chanting, and all liberally sprinkled with that wonderful new-age ability to accept wishful ideas as facts.

It failed to convince me to buy the book. But I demand kudos for watching the whole thing and only making a derisory snorting noise once. At least only once out loud. For I wanted to do so on more than one occasion and suppressed it in the name of politeness, but sometimes you just can't contain a derisory snorting noise. Sorry.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 08, 2011, 22:31
Hob wrote:

Having said that, if your bband was playing up Tiompan, you didnae miss much. Pretty much standard yoghurt-weaving fare, a bit of dowsing, a bit of drumming, thankfully no chanting, and all liberally sprinkled with that wonderful new-age ability to accept wishful ideas as facts.

It failed to convince me to buy the book. But I demand kudos for watching the whole thing and only making a derisory snorting noise once. At least only once out loud. For I wanted to do so on more than one occasion and suppressed it in the name of politeness, but sometimes you just can't contain a derisory snorting noise. Sorry.

Peter claimed , elsewhere ,that ""I have been appointed by Spirit as one of the Guardians of the site" which has huge comic potential .
As well as the speculation there was the odd "fact " , always dangerous when blethering .In the wee bit I saw he said Silbury was built when WKLB was closed down mmm only out by a millenia there Pete , or maybe Spirit knows something we don't .
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

May 09, 2011, 05:11
Yes, I only turned the sound on when they got to the longbarrow, so I didn't hear much of what they were saying. It was no worse than Thought For The Day or a football rant. And decently filmed. Just a pity about their plastic clothes...
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index