Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Wonders of the Universe could be good tonight?

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Re: Wonders of the Universe could be good tonight?
Mar 09, 2011, 21:42
Jane wrote:
Don't be depressed, W. None of us are going to be around in zillions of years time when the world and the universe comes to an end, so what an extraordinary piece of good luck that RIGHT NOW we are alive, conscious, thinking, feeling, doing. Go celebrate!

Yes, this was the anti-depressant in the tale. I thought it was a terrific piece of TV, I watched the repeat as well! His explanation of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics - "Entropy Increases" - was brilliant. (I confess to a sneaking obsession with that law, the only bit of physics I'm familiar with as it featured heavily in the very last Tom Baker Doctor Who story, but I digress).

On first viewing I was rather depressed and did sit wondering (a) why I was bothering to go to work tomorrow and (b) whether stone circles would survive the almost total destruction of the surface of the planet. But on second viewing I found it less miserable and absolutely riveting. Perhaps I've moved on to "resignation" now :-)

Also have to agree with TJJ's comment that he's a lucky bugger getting to visit all those amazing places.

Looking forward to episode two immensely.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index