Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Wonders of the Universe could be good tonight?

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Edited Mar 09, 2011, 15:19
Re: Wonders of the Universe could be good tonight?
Mar 09, 2011, 14:57
Wiggy wrote:
He's in his 40's, and believe it or not he played the keyboards on that awful "Things can only get better" record that New Labour filtched in 97.

The prog was great (as always) but left me really, really, really depressed (honestly, I still feel low now, 3 days later).

I'd dispute the programs main conclusion btw. He kept on about entropy and the universe winding down and all that, but if memory serves that result depends entriely on the amount of mass in the universe. If the mass is great enough, the universe stops expanding at some point and starts imploding again, leading to "the big crunch". As far as I'm aware, the amount of mass in the universe is currently under discussion, depending on the existance of "dark matter" and stuff*.

* like all the bits down the backs of all the sofas in the universe, that sort of thing.

EDIT: I've just remembered that I haven't yet watched the last 10 minutes of the program (we were iPlayering it) - so he may have covered the Big Crunch in that bit! Sorry.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index