The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
@ nigel
This topic is locked

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
megadread
1202 posts

@ nigel
Jul 13, 2010, 18:42
If you see here Moss welcomed me along to the meet.

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=57344&message=733596

After seeing this posted by Ls -

"Though like nothing on the scale of Heritage Action's wonderful World Megameets in Avebury "

i thought the situation may have changed and the meet was only for HA members after all.
Seems i was mistaken and Ls pointed this out politley, no need for "Didn’t know it was open to all indeed!" is there.

Take a chill pill dude, as i've said i don't read your site so have no idea of the details of things you arrange, only what i see posted here.
Jeez.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: @ nigel
Jul 13, 2010, 18:56
Forget it. We all recall your identical protestations of your innocence and that of others (two of whom were then banned) exactly a year ago. Now you can say what you like, I shan't be responding at all from now on (Eds please note).
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jul 13, 2010, 19:04
The minimeet was advertised at a beer festival rather than an ancient site which is why I made my comment; if what I posted about drink driving was patronising then apologies to anyone I offended.

I really didn't expect such an over-reaction. I've got a headache now, again ...
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jul 13, 2010, 19:08
nigelswift wrote:
Forget it. We all recall your identical protestations of your innocence and that of others (two of whom were then banned) exactly a year ago. Now you can say what you like, I shan't be responding at all from now on (Eds please note).

To which I can't help but add that those who continue to cause the most disruption on these pages are the same as those who so often sing the praises of those who were banned. Makes you wonder about a lot of things...
megadread
1202 posts

Jul 13, 2010, 19:09
nigelswift wrote:

Hold on a minute, all i did last year was point out that the path up to Harestones down had notices on it saying it was private, i said this as i didn't want Chance to have a wasted journey up there, there was no ill intention at all, go re-read the post.

I've met a few people from this site and had absolutley no issues with any of them, the last one being Gwass who i showed a few of the lesser known ancient remains of Harthill / Stanton moor to last Saturday, i'd never met the bloke before or chatted with him elsewhere, though we did exchange e-mails after "first contact".

I really don't know what your problem is, is it because i don't visit the HA site. ?
well for your information i don't use the stone pages or the meg portal either and both of those places are more relevant to my interests than HA.

I was actually gonna attend the megameet just to say hi to some new faces as i'm gonna be in the area anyways but i doubt i'll bother now as i doubt i'd be welcome in your presence.

Anyway have a nice meet guys and gals.
megadread
1202 posts

Jul 13, 2010, 19:13
Littlestone wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

To which I can't help but add that those who continue to cause the most disruption on these pages are the same as those who so often sing the praises of those who were banned. Makes you wonder about a lot of things...

Well yes, i class myself as a very good friend to PeteG, one of those that was banned, as for Tony who was banned at the same time i've not been in contact with him for almost a year, well until 3 days ago anyway.

I just don't get the silly bickering, i'd happily meet anyone from here for a wander then a pint, as was my intention with the megameet.
megadread
1202 posts

Jul 13, 2010, 21:31
Well in good old TMA fashion i guess i'd better lock this now.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index