Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: earthtransition
Nov 05, 2009, 21:34
Sifaka wrote:
Thanks moss...my supershyte HTML-illiterate posts rectified.
For my future reference, how DOES one post links properly? I tried & , but lack of a preview facility did for me I fear!

Hi Sifaka,
I would dearly like to do a 'here' highlighted in red too but can't, so my links are click on appropiate website, click on the top www.address, highlight, right hand click and copy, then paste on TMA...
the only other thing I know of help is to go back to your post,click on Head to Head in the yellow bar above, which takes you to the threads, click on relevant thread, then your post, and EDIT....
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Nov 05, 2009, 21:46
Nov 05, 2009, 21:45
to do the links disguised as red words thing, you need to use ubb code.

here's the syntax...

"(open square bracket)url=http://www.site.com"(close square bracket) followed by whatever text you want. Complete the code by using this... "[/url]"

so: clicking here will bring up your last post
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2009, 14:40
Britarch
Nov 06, 2009, 14:30
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/

Hi PMM, thank you but tried several versions, (if anyone was looking!), can't do it, bow to the greater knowledge of computer experts, and will keep it simple ;)

here's the syntax...

"(open square bracket)url=http://www.site.com"(close square bracket) followed by whatever text you want. Complete the code by using this... "[/url]"

so: clicking here will bring up your last post[/quote]
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2009, 15:06
Nov 06, 2009, 15:03
PMM, brilliant! Have wanted to know how to do that for yonks :-)
TMA Ed
615 posts

Re: Megalithics.com
Nov 06, 2009, 16:21
Don't worry, scubi. It's ok now because we changed it. 'Megalithics' would not have been a problem, but I'm pretty sure you originally put 'Megaliths and stone circles', or similar.

Thanks,

TMA Ed.
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2009, 17:47
The Antiquarian's Attic, no less!
Nov 06, 2009, 17:45
The Antiquarian's Attic aint bad either!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Megalithomania
Nov 06, 2009, 19:49
Many thanks for the kind words. I'm actually thinking about closing it down at the moment. I'm fed up with the dedicated server crashing repeatedly under the load. It costs me over 100 euro a month and all it gives me is a pain in the hole.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Nov 06, 2009, 20:01
FourWinds wrote:
Many thanks for the kind words. I'm actually thinking about closing it down at the moment. I'm fed up with the dedicated server crashing repeatedly under the load. It costs me over 100 euro a month and all it gives me is a pain in the hole.

.The leg and camera work are greatly appreciated whilst we tend to ignore the cost of maintaining sites like yours . Like this site it would be a great loss and if it does , understandably , happen to go , thanks for all the effort for a brilliant resource .
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 06, 2009, 20:53
tiompan wrote:
FourWinds wrote:

.The leg and camera work are greatly appreciated whilst we tend to ignore the cost of maintaining sites like yours . Like this site it would be a great loss and if it does , understandably , happen to go , thanks for all the effort for a brilliant resource .

Thanks again. I'm just in a foul mood and sick of the constant fight against DoS attacks. There are some real dozy fuckers out there who think it's fun to ruin an honest website.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 06, 2009, 20:57
Aw mon! This is not good. This is really not good at all.

Fuck!

The internet will be a much lower quality place without Megalithomania :(
Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index