Ye Lord and Lady of Yatesbury - in a field near yo

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Ye Lord and Lady of Yatesbury - in a field near yo
Jun 12, 2009, 19:44
It's simply convergent that this massive glyph has been interpreted as a Zoroastran symbol. It's big and they buzz with energy - read the reports - when they first arrive. This one is very new and desperately in need of interpretation!. ( http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2009/yatesbury2/yatesbury2009b.html )

OT ? Not if these phenomena partly inspired the siting and design of megalithic monuments!
tonyh
247 posts

Re: Ye Lord and Lady of Yatesbury - in a field near yo
Jun 12, 2009, 22:17
Oh Dear...

How naff is that.

Harry Potter or what.

The teams are running out of ideas....

Tony
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jun 12, 2009, 23:59
StoneGloves wrote:
It's simply convergent that this massive glyph has been interpreted as a Zoroastran symbol. It's big and they buzz with energy - read the reports - when they first arrive. This one is very new and desperately in need of interpretation!. ( http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2009/yatesbury2/yatesbury2009b.html )

OT ? Not if these phenomena partly inspired the siting and design of megalithic monuments!

Not sure that the word phenomena applies - any more than it does to Banksy the street artist.

Its an art form that brings tourists to Wiltshire; it also causes hundreds of pounds in crop damage.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 00:08
"it also causes hundreds of pounds in crop damage."

and also buggers up faint crop marking of the archaeology beneath...
megadread
1202 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 00:13
Rifles with night scopes anyone. ? :yes:
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 00:50
"Cropius! Crapius!"
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 07:28
Yes, it's taken me a while to appreciate the work of Banksy, but his new exhibition has done it. The crop circles cause thousands of pounds worth of damage. Some farmers mow them straight away and you can imagine how popular the damaged shrine seekers will be locally. But how smart is it to produce a Zoroastran symbol hundreds of feet long, without trace, on the day Iran holds a crucial election? That is intelligent design!
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 07:43
Blimey, that's impressive!

Phenomena? In my opinion: no. My money's on it being the work of (some very talented) people.

There's no denying crop circles are a fantastic sight, but I'm sure those farmers whose crops are destroyed in the process see it in a very different light!

The uncanny thing for me is how quickly and invisibly there things are created!

How are these people never caught, or spotted? Someone must know who does it. Especially if it's the work of someone fairly local. I'm sure the farmers would be grateful for any information. Or maybe some of them are complicit?

G x
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 07:58
StoneGloves wrote:
Yes, it's taken me a while to appreciate the work of Banksy, but his new exhibition has done it. The crop circles cause thousands of pounds worth of damage. Some farmers mow them straight away and you can imagine how popular the damaged shrine seekers will be locally. But how smart is it to produce a Zoroastran symbol hundreds of feet long, without trace, on the day Iran holds a crucial election? That is intelligent design!

I agree that it is a pretty amazing design ..... as it happens a few of us know of at least two highly talented people who live in Yatesbury and are more than capable of creating this artwork (though probably nothing to do with either).
tonyh
247 posts

Jun 13, 2009, 08:05
But is it a Zoroastrian symbol?

I would say it's far more likely a Phoenix Rising. It even has flames around it's base...

The Zoroastrian symbol is very much a man with wings where as the Crop Circle is clearly a bird..

Tony
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index