"Management"

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Re: "Management"
Aug 13, 2008, 16:40
Well, I wouldn't say i'm an expert on all things West Penwith..and there are some important names on that short list of objectors who I would be happy to say know the area far better than me...

However I just feel they are going a little over the top. Nobody likes to see fences on open landscape but would we rather see a landscape covered in gorse and bracken that people can not walk through (which was my expierience last time i went walking down there).

There is no mention of stopping people accessing anywhere...as long as they do it legally. Do these people have a right to gallop their horses across the land?...not unless they are on a bridleway or they have permission from the landowner...would they be happy to see the local hunt up there?

As I said in my previous post, this should see the archaeology of West Penwith better preserved...as has already happened at Nine Stones...nobody is going to be stopped from visiting ancient sites..its just a perimeter fence being put up to stop the cattle getting into peoples' gardens and wandering off down the road to Penzance. I doubt if many people will even notice it after a year or so.

Mr H

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index