Brown Edge »
Xtian modern crosses at sites

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
megadread
1202 posts

Re: Xtian modern crosses at sites
Jul 24, 2008, 12:33
It seems the rubbish, the hide structure and the cross appeared at the same time, leading me to believe the same people were responsible.
(some of the litter was within the structure under rocks)
I cant understand why anyone would go to the trouble of carrying a cross up there which must have a pretty deep meaning for them, then them to leave the site in such a state, total disrespect.
My thought was, if they cant respect the site then fook their silly cross, i threw it in the heather.
The old cross, thats a different story for me. It was there before i ever visited the site and i never even thought about moving it. i posted my first pic of the site showing the cross.
I don't think the guy with the shotgun built / had built the hide because it was really dangerously put together and partly collapsed when i removed the first rock. If a child had raced ahead of their parents whilst visiting to be the first to the site and touched the hide they may well have been badly hurt.
Also a geocache had been left there with the prize a japanese decorated box, this was smashed and strewn around, just like the keyring with the little paper tags they use, disrespect again to people using the site for fun and as a marker.
I carried away as much rubbish as i could fit into my rucksack as i forgot to pack a carrier bag, something i usually always do and have done.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index