Kirkhaugh »
Innuit Shaman at Kirkhaugh

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stoneshifter
379 posts

Re: Hair Decoration from Kirkhaugh
Apr 15, 2008, 13:16
Ermmm. 'Crop' - I've been talking to the farmers and there's been a couple of nights of moderate frost in Kansas. Wheat'll sit through the winter an inch tall and doesn't mind being buried by snow but when it's growing, in the spring, doesn't want to see any frost at all - this same thing knacked the yields up last year and helped to trigger the price inflation. So it's the same again - no respite.

I have listed a bunch of sites that I've discovered in and around Kirkhaugh and then deleted them after getting petty criticism from various sources. It's very sad and, perhaps, the group apathy is worse. There's at least half a dozen contributors within striking distance of the sites and they can be bothered to go hundreds of miles to photograph carved rocks but not to travel fifty miles to help me bring these amazing and new places to the public's attention and care.

I'd just offered to repost a dozen of the major sites here again, but got no reply from the (Taurean) editors. So I just thought I'd provoke them slightly by posting an image to which I clearly have no copyright ownership. It's spot on topic - and a decent picture which I've cleaned up. But the real close-up we need is that of the Kirkhaugh hair ornament - which is ten minutes walk away for me - rather than one from Nez-Perce community.

And to anyone that's read this far - and has been following my stories - the old Mcr County Arch. has gone and the new one will now investigate my list of sites there. I'm not going to hold my breath but I have spent a day making the list for him.

(Too much information? Please call 0783 3548967 and ask for Lonesome Cowboy Burt).

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index