new videos of granary model

108 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
beatles
133 posts

Re: new videos of granary model
Mar 13, 2008, 18:04
StoneGloves wrote:
No, but one may argue that as there are now religous ceremonies taking place at Stonehenge - particularly at the four corners of the farming year - then these are the half-forgotten remnants of similar transactions in prehistory. Never mind that there is an unrecorded gap - it's just what's happening now. Yet there is very little evidence for contemporary flour milling at Stonehenge and, if it had been occurring in the manner you suggest (which is downright impossible because of the rough and ready stonework), then one might expect the grave goods from the surrounding burials to, in some way, reflect this. Sadly the Industrial Revolution began in the 18th C, or thereabouts (I know you can argue that Chinese potters were the first and Wedgewood just copied that model). What your theory imputes is that the Industrial Revolution started in the Neolithic and was then forgotten about - this is palpable nonsense and has no supporting evidence whatsoever.

hi,
i was talking about an actual test for ancient (not modern) religious use of stonehenge oposed to the fact that there may be a test for ancient grain working there.

you argue that there is modern religious use but no modern milling. i am arguing that there was ancient religious use and milling.

many things are forgotten in time such as the granary at stonehenge. untill a century ago archaeologist could not read hiroglyphics and understand pyramids. it had been forgotten even though they had writing.
stonehinge people had no written language so is it far fetched that the information would be lost. stonehenge and pyramids are about the same age.

clyde
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index