Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: Standing with Stones DVD
Jan 25, 2008, 16:23
Moth has just ordered ours :-)

Just taken a look at the promotional film clips on the website - very nice!
Congrats on your megalithic odyssey Michael and Rupert!
Can't wait to see the DVD now...

J
x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jan 25, 2008, 16:33
This looks bloody brilliant!

I always wished julian would do a series based on his megalithic book(s) after seeing the TMA one-off...

This looks to fill the gap perfectly!

Well done guys! Might have to add this to my wish-list... :o)

G x

PS - still hoping Julian will do more TMA telly stuff!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2008, 17:03
Jan 25, 2008, 16:57
This looks bloody brilliant!

Yeah, don't it just :-) But the Chipping Norton Theatre thingy* sounds like a great excuse for a Megameet (not that we actually need an excuse ;-)

* "P.S. There is to be a special premiere showing of the film at the Chipping Norton Theatre, Oxfordshire on 15th April, 2008 in aid of the Rollrights Trust. Rupert and I will be attending. Booking will begin on 3rd of March from the theatre box office. Ticket will be £10.00"*
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Jan 25, 2008, 19:16
Blimey! That was quick! DVD arrived today. Now to find time to actually *watch* it...
scubi63
463 posts

Jan 25, 2008, 19:38
Hi Ocifant

When you get around to watching it let me know what do you think about the fossilised tree in Bryn Celli Ddu theory....very interesting.

:o)

Chris
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Jan 25, 2008, 20:01
Will do. Sounds intruiging.
Michael Bott
60 posts

Jan 25, 2008, 21:15
scubi63 wrote:
Hi Ocifant

When you get around to watching it let me know what do you think about the fossilised tree in Bryn Celli Ddu theory....very interesting.

:o)

Chris

Yes, Rupert and I would love to hear other folks' take on that little monolith in the chamber at Bryn Celli Ddu. Once seen that way, we found it very difficult to see it as anything else - but we'd be happy to hear other explanations for the texture, shape and 'cut' marks.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 11:13
Littlestone wrote:
But the Chipping Norton Theatre thingy* sounds like a great excuse for a Megameet (not that we actually need an excuse ;-)

* "P.S. There is to be a special premiere showing of the film at the Chipping Norton Theatre, Oxfordshire on 15th April, 2008 in aid of the Rollrights Trust. Rupert and I will be attending. Booking will begin on 3rd of March from the theatre box office. Ticket will be £10.00"*

Indeed, but of course 15 April is a Tuesday - a 'school night' - so not good for fellow stone-huggers to drive miles and miles.

Fortunately me and Moth live quite close, so there's a 99% chance we'll be there :-)
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 11:30
It arrived this morning. It is superb. I've watched it all and bugger the hoovering and washing up. There are some theories I've never heard before (the 19 stone thing), and the photography and music are outstanding.
Everyone on this board will love this DVD, of that I've no doubt. The bit in Skara Brae brought a lump to my throat. . and the lunar eclipse at Callanish. . wow.
I love the attitude. The 'You've got to go there to understand' idea. It's the same thing that keeps us going to the sites. I'm sure, if I hadn't got to go to work, I'd be driving off to Mitchell's Fold today, all enthused and megalith-powered!
Great work guys! Thanks.
DaveF
45 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 11:30
Watched last night

Fantastic, from the quality of the packaging to the actual feature

Brings back some wonderful memories of palces visited, but more importantly given me some ideas for visits in the coming years

Surely it is time for Julian to release the TMA feature he did years ago

This green and pleasant land of ours has so much to offer!

Cheers

Dave
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index