The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Megalithomania Tour

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Abbie
4 posts

Megalithomania Tour
Apr 15, 2002, 17:41
After coming back from 4 days in Ireland and covering approximately 30 sites, I feel suitably qualified to make my first appearance on TMA forum!

Holy and I spent 4 days with Fourwinds and I have to say it was fantastic.

If anyone is heading to Ireland I strongly recomend they check out megalithomania.com and the Ireland posts on TMA. Even better, speak to the man himself.

Fourwinds - a huge thank you! You made our Ireland experience really special!

Abbie
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Re: Megalithomania Tour
Apr 16, 2002, 01:51
doesn't 4W have a beard? And you enjoyed the experience?

strange

anyway <bows down in a Renaissance fashion, lifting up feathered cap> welcome the lovely Abbie, TMA Mistress if there ever was one ...

I'm back up Toon, and this is *right* outside my window ...
http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/bluecarpetnew/newestblue/default.htm

RG
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Apr 16, 2002, 05:39
Glad to see you folks weren't blown away by the draft in that legendary fourwinds valley or by his supposedly neurotic megalithomadness.

I can picture the old lad in psychic control of the area, surveying it from his round tower (quite reknowned for its orgiastic celebrations at Lughnasad in honour of facial hair).
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Apr 16, 2002, 08:11
Blue carpet??Weirrrrrrrrddddddd!!!!
Joolio
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 16, 2002, 09:12
Hi there Abbie - glad to hear you lot had a great time, I only wish we could have been there too (sob). Still, there's always a next time, and Sue and I are determined to make it out to Dublin at some point. Plus we'll have to meet up with you and Holy in Loondon before too long...

Squid
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Awwww Shucks
Apr 16, 2002, 09:44
I'm touched by your kind words. Thankyou. I enjoyed it too.

Anyone who visits this Emerald Isle is welcome to a FourWinds tour. It may not be as huge as the four day extravaganza we enjoyed but it'll still be good! For one thing I don't think I can do Newgrange & Knowth again for a while :-) Another trip to Loughcrew and I'll have to fill in my census form from there! But I love that place so that's no hardship.

Squid-bloke ... get your arse in gear then (I suggest eating meat and having a healthy, balanced diet to stop you getting so ill) and come across ASAP - looking forward to it already.
lissy
202 posts

Re: Awwww Shucks
Apr 16, 2002, 10:39
TARA ra boomdeay!! hello fW, had a call last night from my friend in donegal who is getting married in the summer.. she is now planning a girly w'end in dublin some time in june! she's used to my disappearing acts.. last time i stayed with her i went to beltany tops which i thought was one of the most stunning places i've been.. she lives right opposite inch island, so we went up to angrianan hillfort too, amazing view! didn't have time to see the ardmore stone and apparently there's more stuff on inch island but if i can make it over to dublin for this pre-marital jolly, maybe i could contact you ? x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Awwww Shucks
Apr 16, 2002, 10:50
Sue eats the same diet and has the constitution of err, something with an amazingly strong constitution. It's not me diet, I'm just a feeb!

That aside (don't start all that again I hear the cries), ASAP => Ireland would seem the order of the day. It won't be quite yet though. We have to give the grandparents a chance to recover from a weekend with the Squidlings before we can ask them to look after them again, and we'll need to save the money etc. We'll sort it though, never fear!

Squiddo
Abbie
4 posts

Apr 16, 2002, 18:57
Aw, it's a real shame you couldn't make it but I did enjoy having the back seat of the car all to myself! Hope you're feeling better now.

It'd be great to meet up in London. We'll try not to rub it in with tales of our magical trip to Ireland!
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Apr 17, 2002, 11:32
Hello Abbie!

It was really nice to meet yourself, Holy & 4W after the gig on Thursday. I'll apologise now for my inebriated state... damned Guinness !-)

It sounds like you had a very busy time over there. We managed to get about 20 sites in, in total, and I'll be posting them up over the next day or so. We got back at about 10.30 last night, and I'm already pining for Ireland. Cork was amazing, just pick up an OS map and pretty much every square has got a couple of sites in it. I'm planning on going back some time next year... maybe I'll get to do a Megalithomania tour next time!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index