The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Winter Solstice - Stoney Littleton

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handswithenergy
handswithenergy
48 posts

Winter Solstice - Stoney Littleton
Dec 27, 2007, 15:21
New member. I've just added one of my pictures to the library for Stoney Littleton. I've had a really magical Winter Solstice - finally seeing the solar alignment there. I've also taken in events at Glastonbury and Avebury. My picture link below has been well used over the last few days. As well as further pictures of Stoney Littleton, this group may also be interested in some of the others in the report, such as the solar and lunar Avebury pictures.

http://www.handswithenergy.co.uk/events/yule2007

Best wishes,

Matthew
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Winter Solstice - Stoney Littleton
Dec 27, 2007, 17:23
Matthew, just had a look at your 'hanswithenergy' link and your pictures are truly lovely - you clearly spent the winter solstice time where it is meant to be spent - out in the open. I am a frequent reader but infrequent contributor to this forum as, having taken a decision not to own a car, it is not easy for me to get ancient sites to experience dawn breaking - but the sun rises each day and the moon waxes/wanes wherever you live so I still get to pay homage to the turning of the year.

Your photos will be much appreciated by all who see them I am sure.

peace and harmony

june (tjj)
handswithenergy
handswithenergy
48 posts

Dec 27, 2007, 17:56
Thanks for your message June. The Event Photos button on the site will show you what I was up to the rest of the year. Most of the links are for the quarter and cross-quarter days and I became busier during the year as I started to spread my wings a bit. There's a particularly nice sunrise on the Samhain 2007 (1 Nov) page.

Best wishes,

Matthew
paul1970
paul1970
111 posts

Dec 27, 2007, 21:17
Love the zoom pics as the sun creeps upwardly behind those trees!..
Would have been nice to share the moment with ya!...

:)
handswithenergy
handswithenergy
48 posts

Dec 28, 2007, 06:21
Thanks Paul, it was certainly a magical experience. In previous years poor health, bad weather or a full diary have kept me away. I'm not sure if you've read my reply to June - press the Event Photos button on the site and then choose the Samhain 2007 pictures. Scroll down and you will come across an incredible sunrise on Glastonbury Tor from 1 November. Some of these are taken with the same amount of zoom. My druid colleagues don't do much on this festival for some reason so it was just me and a few people on a massage course there to witness it!

Best wishes,

Matthew
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index