The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Art

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Art
Feb 18, 2002, 15:24
Given that RG caused a stir with his unusual leaving shot of the Devils Arrows - would it be possible to post megalithic-themed artwork ? ie adulterated photographs or original art ? Or am i getting too far out of my tree ?

I could have a whale of a time with photoshop and a few snaps!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Art
Feb 18, 2002, 15:31
There are one or two adjusted pictures posted. There is even a lime green Stone Of Odin!

Not sure what I think so far. Best ask Holy McGrail what qualifies as an 'unsuitable image'.
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Feb 18, 2002, 15:37
Hmm - I think its probably as well to leave alone. It occured to me as I posted the Imaging Techniques note.

I dont know, what with the forum, the Book and the net i'm turning into a regular olympic torch!
Martin
401 posts

Feb 18, 2002, 17:21
I messed around with a cup n ring image from Tormain Hill just outside Edinburgh and posted it to the MA. Mainly cos it's difficult to photograph such carvings and with reversing the colour and farting about a bit, the image just jumps out at ya. And I thought it looked cool :)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Feb 18, 2002, 17:37
I agree that for enhancement purposes it really helps. Rock art is a bitch to photograph if the light isn't right.

I have one image on my site where I had to put a halo around a stone row because it disappeared into the background. Holy McGrail called them the Ready Brek Stones I believe.

Just not too sure about pink skies and such like.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index