The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Imaging techniques

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Imaging techniques
Feb 18, 2002, 13:55
Had a look at my fave sites with Multimaps aerial photo section. Is there any technique for analysing aerial photos digitally to reveal hidden features ?
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Re: Imaging techniques
Feb 18, 2002, 14:04
Mushrooms? ;-)
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Feb 18, 2002, 14:33
Cheaper than Photoshop!
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Feb 18, 2002, 14:43
Sorry, I meant to get back on that one!
Seriously - I reckon if you've got Photoshop, try messing about with the Select: Color Range feature, I've been trying that out on the cup and ring shots and it does sometimes give some interesting results.
Failing that try putting the contrast up, mess about with levels, blur, sharpen, posterize, equalize - all can bring hidden depths out of an image.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: Imaging filters
Feb 18, 2002, 14:52
Try using photoshop compatible filters also.
With a Hi-Res image lots can be revealed.
Get free filters by asking the chaps here
http://www.sotmesc.org/gcms/crackbb/bbindex.html
:)
Pete G
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: Imaging filters
Feb 18, 2002, 15:15
I findadjusting the curves works best, but i thought there might be a dedicated filter knocking about..
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re:techniques
Feb 18, 2002, 15:41
I have on of those point and shoot Canon cameras, its cheap and small and easy to use, but as it has an infra-red focussing device its ideal for taking pics in pitch dark! Number of times i've shoved it into chimneys and holes and hoped for the best! Even contemplated setting the timer and sending it up on a box kite - till the string snapped and the bugger blew off - chased it for damn near 1/4 mile...
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index