Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Eternal
924 posts

Re: Monu-Mental About Prehistoric Dublin
Nov 03, 2006, 08:56
4-W,

Thanks. I just hope it lives up to people's expectations. Gulp![/quote]

I've no doubt it will. Great achievement.
Regards,
TE.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Tom..
Nov 03, 2006, 10:28
have just ordered my copy through your website, huzzah!. Would you autograph it, please, dear? Ha! Is your wrist aching yet?

Thanks.

Viv x

p.s Amazon have got it at £17.98/99 with a £1.99 source fee, what's that?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 10:46
Brilliant stuff. British Bullauns next please.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Tom..
Nov 03, 2006, 11:07
supercat wrote:
p.s Amazon have got it at £17.98/99 with a £1.99 source fee, what's that?

Amazon are odd with small titles that are priced in Euros. Amazon take their info from a publishing news feed type thing. Believe it or not they can't tell the difference between Euros and Sterling prices. They assume that everything on this feed is in GBP. Astoundingly, they aren't prepared to change the information on the site. Annoyingly, they will keep all that extra profit (£5 per book) and none of it would come to me or the publishers.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Tom..
Nov 03, 2006, 11:18
That's bad, it's a form of theft, imho. I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for explaining it to me. x
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 11:29
What's the story with gettin the book over the weekend? Waterstones? I remember you saying that it's best to buy direct from you as you get more of the cover price, so how am I to get my hands on it rapido? (patience was never my strong point).
BTW, and a bit of co-incidence, my office is in the same building as Nonsuch on Leeson St.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 11:49
Depends if you fancy a drive to Stillorgan.

I honestly don't know which shops in Dublin will have it. It has been ordered by several and I'm going to look around tomorrow to find out which ones.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 11:52
FourWinds wrote:
Depends if you fancy a drive to Stillorgan.

May give you a bell this evening, if that's ok. I'll be leaving town about 8.30 – 9pm.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: bit of controversy
Nov 03, 2006, 11:59
When considering a website which deliberately excludes anything on TMA from their "Search for this site using Google" function, we need to start re-writing the definition of 'Petty'!

That's mad!
The metal detectorists use software by which typing my name shows up as "Mr Smith". (I'd say it was Orwellian but I doubt if many of them have read past Janet and John.)

Anyhow, maybe you could preserve linking to there but have the words come out as "That Place that Won't link to here"

Maybe not. That'd be petty. ;)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 12:04
No worries.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index