Loughcrew Complex »
'Equinox' gallery is up

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

'Equinox' gallery is up
Sep 22, 2006, 22:12
I've added a new gallery to the site with a small selection of photos from this equinox-eve alignment at Cairn T, I spent more time inside the chamber this year trying to get a sequence with the beam moving across the stone but clouds over the horizon kept obscuring the suns rays. I will probably be adding more once I get a decent nights sleep. The pub I booked into last night lost power just after I checked in so with no till they gave us free drinks which kept me up longer than I had intended, sipping in the candlelight!

Photos here:
http://www.shadowsandstone.com/gallery/1920106
whatisthat
255 posts

Re: 'Equinox' gallery is up
Sep 23, 2006, 17:31
CianMcLiam wrote:

Nice set Cian, thanks for the pointer. Were you on the radio? In the papers?
postman
848 posts

Sep 23, 2006, 17:45
I just know there going to be great, but I cant see the pictures.only nice discriptions which just add to the frustration...
ps see my Cairnpapple equinox pics on Latest posts ,is there something going with the home page pics
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Sep 23, 2006, 17:56
postman wrote:
I just know there going to be great, but I cant see the pictures.only nice discriptions which just add to the frustration...
ps see my Cairnpapple equinox pics on Latest posts ,is there something going with the home page pics

Thats odd, they work ok for me, are you on dial up?

Saw your equinox pics, fantastic set of a beautiful sunrise, dont think we got anything as nice here and I missed the moment the sun came out from outside the cairn myself on Friday.

whatisthat wrote:
Nice set Cian, thanks for the pointer. Were you on the radio? In the papers?

The papers didn't print the photo I sent in, wasn't really expecting them to with an averagbe of 8 pages of every paper being taken up by the Ryder Cup! I will however be on a radio show, the woman who recorded the equinox alignment from inside Cairn T went to my exhibtion after and wants to do an interview for a series of programmes she's doing on 'Artists inspired by the Landscape' or something like that. She will also be including the recording from inside Cairn T in the programme as well as the interview. Not sure when it will be on, interview is early next week. Thanks for asking BTW!
postman
848 posts

Sep 23, 2006, 18:05
[/quote]

Thats odd, they work ok for me, are you on dial up?

Saw your equinox pics, fantastic set of a beautiful sunrise, dont think we got anything as nice here and I missed the moment the sun came out from outside the cairn myself on Friday.
![/quote]

No, not on dial up .....Brilliant sunrise this morn payback for 500 mile round trip just me my little girl and one local
whatisthat
255 posts

Sep 23, 2006, 18:44
postman wrote:
is there something going with the home page pics

You didn't 'bung' Holy McGrail enough. It takes mucho spondoolicks to be no 1 pic for 2 days. :-)
The Eternal
924 posts

Sep 23, 2006, 23:42
C Mc,

What can I say? How I wish I could've been there. The photos just make you want to see it yourself, especially the carvings in relief. Lucky you, eh? Smacks of Britanny.

Regards,
TE.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Sep 24, 2006, 00:04
wow they are beautifull!
btw I bought the Pentax ist Dl and am having much fun playing with my old lenses.
I fitted it to my scope :0) watch this space...
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index