Swallowhead Springs »
Yes.

72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jo-anne
159 posts

Re: Yes.
Feb 08, 2006, 15:09
Hmm and considering the spirituality mentioned here is more part of prechristian stuff as to the folk and their monuments of some few thousend years earlier, wouldn't it be more befitting to go to the right place to give real and propper honour to the spiritual feeling ... in or on the sacred ground of a temple (church) of Christ.

My own research has lead me to believe that the religion of the Neolithic was entwined with Cyclade/Greek/Northern influences, and very in line with the after decline period (scripts) of early gods as Oceanus, Dionysus, Feather winged Dragon, Heracles, Zeus, etc

So where does that fit in? If I would desire to worship the ebb and flow of cold Oceanus, the primal source of all that lives or Zeus, son of Cronos ... Hera swept on to Gargaron, and there Zeus, lord of cloud, saw her arrive, he lay still, still as a stone on Gargaron height, would you lie down here on Ida's crest for all the world to see. Or Sleep mounted a tall pine, the tallest one on Ida, grown through mist to pierce the sky.
Or perhaps to feest and offer a pigs to Zeus of the Oath.

Pg 247 Oxfords world's classics Homer The Iliard and Ancient Greek Athletics - Stephan G. Miller.
Small stones.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index