The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Field Art photography

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ishmael
683 posts

Field Art photography
Nov 14, 2005, 23:35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6225615156&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1
Ee's aving a giraffe!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Field Art photography
Nov 14, 2005, 23:51
>Mr. Andrews estimates that the collection would fill a 20x20 storage space.<

What's 20x20 storage space?
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:11
I guess the market for his efforts must have been pretty much saturated.

"The reason the database, archives and libraries are being sold is that after all my personal funds have been spent on the research and private funds and donations have dried up, there are no means left to continue. I lack the funds to research and/or utilize the data."

Bit of a shame for the bloke really, having to flog the results of all those years of effort.

Still, that's a steep price tag. Hopefully some Fortean bunch will get it rather than some crank with a lot of cash and a personal agenda.
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:17
well he did Terry Meaden over a treat in the late 1980's.
Terry sold all his slides to a private collector and I dumped all mine.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:26
Ah, late 80s, the halcyon days of croppies...

I dunno why they still bother really. Was it quiet this year? I saw a few bits in FT, but nowt that stuck in my mind.
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:29
same old same old innit?
I haven't been in one for years and don't even bother taking pics when I'm in the air anymore.
Jane and Moth snapped a few last year but I was too intend on Silbaby to waste more than one shot.
How many farmers does it take to make a crop circle?
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:37
>How many farmers does it take to make a crop circle?

I dunno, how many?
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:38
Never mind all that malarky! Get Orf My Land!
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 00:54
heheheh!

Good 'un :)

I guess oce the novelty wore off, and charging admittance was no longer an option, many farmers would plump for a mystical shotgun full of energetically charged crystals of rock salt.

Still, I harbour a hope that when the art circles are completely out of fashion, mebbe some genuinely unexplainable ones might still appear. The world needs mysteries.
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 15, 2005, 01:00
yeah but we haven't had a single circle for years!
Terry got an email from a chap in Africa recently. A Zulu who said they have had single circles for years.
He can document them on paper back to 1861.
He reckons that when a circle formed they staked out the edge with posts then after the harvest placed stones around the edge.
UK farmers are now puting up signs warning visiters about the chemicals they spray on the crop for fear of being sued by the yanks.
Years ago in a mischievous mood I told a croppy that the OED had put the word Cropcircle in the dictionary but had to take the word Guilible out to make room for it.
She looked up cropcircle first! ;)
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index